Fort Campbell 2017

SMarshall

So I am interested in heading down to the fort and I hate to ask dumb questions but what's the process for getting in to hunt there? Looks like it would make for a couple of good weekend trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy S.

JDP":2d5nqjdt said:
call 270-798-9824 Mon,Thur,Fri to ask questions
I think they have their ringer off. :) I called during business hours last Thursday, Friday and yesterday, to no avail. I'll start the process again this Thursday, and hopefully get some answers.

Mr.Bro

Going up Friday afternoon to register my guns and see if I've been a good enough guy to hunt. Got my Hunter Safety card and will register with isporstman. Then go by building
6645, I think this is at the horse stables, to get my FREE hunting permit. Oh yeah need my KY hunting license also. Will let yall know how it went.

Hope to have some evening times to glass the bean fields.

JDP

Mr.Bro":x4ut4400 said:
Going up Friday afternoon to register my guns and see if I've been a good enough guy to hunt. Got my Hunter Safety card and will register with isporstman. Then go by building
6645, I think this is at the horse stables, to get my FREE hunting permit. Oh yeah need my KY hunting license also. Will let yall know how it went.

Make sure to get your KY hunting license before you go there, they no longer sell the state licenses.

Mr.Bro

JDP":2rjvxhil said:
Mr.Bro":2rjvxhil said:

Make sure to get your KY hunting license before you go there, they no longer sell the state licenses.[/quo

Will go on line and do just that. Thanks friend.

Mr.Bro

[Took maybe 20 minutes to register my guns and get background check.. Guy behind the counter said i didnt meed to reregister my gun but would do it anyway. Ok just do it. Background is just a piece of paper. No big deal.Now trip to get my free hunter permit. This young lady was awsome. She said i was the only one today that had everything i needed to get my FREE permit. Pretty good for an old man
Saw a few deer driving through to LaFayette but no monsters. Im ready to hunt.

BULL MOOSE

Mr.Bro":1u4ptc5x said:
Said i didnt need to Reregister. But did it anyway. Department A doesnt cummunicate with Department B. I dont have a clue why he said it.

I was told when I registered two muzzleloader last year that it was a one time process, but I have a new gun to register anyway.

Andy S.

I spoke with a lady at FTC H&F Dept. yesterday, and she said due to changes in security at the big Army level (DoD), every hunter, regardless of status (general public, DoD Civilian, DAV, Active Duty, etc), will have to register weapons ANNUALLY. In other words, the guidance "right now" states that every hunter will have to register weapons year in and year out, regardless if it's the same weapon you used last year, or a new weapon.

I can promise you this, if a Federal GW checks me, I want my paperwork to be current and legit.

Roost 1

It was my understanding that the background check/ weapons registration is all in one. In other words while they are registering your weapons, they are also doing a background check. I believe the term they use is "vetted". I could be wrong but that's how I understand it.

BULL MOOSE

Roost 1":3hv474i3 said:
It was my understanding that the background check/ weapons registration is all in one. In other words while they are registering your weapons, they are also doing a background check. I believe the term they use is "vetted". I could be wrong but that's how I understand it.

It will keep the riffraff away.

lightsareout

I went in Friday afternoon, registered my weapons and got the background check cleared. Headed down to 6645 and pulled into a parking spot just as they switched the sign to closed and shut the blinds. :bash:

Will need to head back in next friday. Can't wait for season to start!!!

Duck27

Anyone having issues checking in for Squirrel hunting. Promised my son we would be in the woods on opening day for months and can get checked in. There's not even a selection for small game hunting.

JDP

Duck27":1puzkly5 said:
Anyone having issues checking in for Squirrel hunting. Promised my son we would be in the woods on opening day for months and can get checked in. There's not even a selection for small game hunting.

Check it now, should be working!

Latest posts