Fort Campbell 2017

Blackberrygirl

The only thing I have to say is.... I am back. For those of you on here that have treated me fairly and with kindness and respect, I look forward to another year. To the one's that didn't....well you know what they say about Karma.
Always remember I see you but you won't see me. Well except Roost1, he knows what I look like now. Wishing all of you a successful year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rakkin6

Welcome back, I dont really post a lot on here but I got a doe Sunday night. Needed some meat for the freezer. A little on the small side but should be good eating. Good luck to all this year

Blackberrygirl

Roost 1":3tgpvbgj said:
BBG, have you been in the woods yet? Any luck?
Not yet...work assignments kept me away. Just got back. Hoping to hit it in a couple of weeks. How have you been? Any luck? Thoughts on new check in system?

lightsareout

Personally I really like the online check in system (never used the old system) very easy to use. It does slow down quiet a bit right at 8pm; they need to throw some more horsepower behind the hosting systems!

Roost 1

Blackberrygirl":1t9y9oit said:
Roost 1":1t9y9oit said:
BBG, have you been in the woods yet? Any luck?
Not yet...work assignments kept me away. Just got back. Hoping to hit it in a couple of weeks. How have you been? Any luck? Thoughts on new check in system?

All is well... no luck yet but then again I haven't been much. The heat and them pesky skeeters are keeping me away.
New system seems to be going well. Like mentioned above it need to be beefed up some.

rtaylor

So I've gone on and registered on the Isportsmans page. If I understand correctly I need to go to the Fort do my background check and register my guns. Then go to get validated at building 6645. At that point I will be able to attempt to get a hunt in the available units that are open. Is this correct and if so is there a way to see which units are available prior to driving 4 hours to the fort? Given my luck in the past getting a unit at the Fort I'm probably driving all day just to get up there and not get anything.

@fulldraw

You are correct. You can see available areas on iSportsman page under areas. To be honest, you shouldn't have a problem getting a gun area.

Roost 1

rtaylor":2oj161pw said:
So I've gone on and registered on the Isportsmans page. If I understand correctly I need to go to the Fort do my background check and register my guns. Then go to get validated at building 6645. At that point I will be able to attempt to get a hunt in the available units that are open. Is this correct and if so is there a way to see which units are available prior to driving 4 hours to the fort? Given my luck in the past getting a unit at the Fort I'm probably driving all day just to get up there and not get anything.

After getting your account validated you will then have to buy a permit. I'm sure you knew this but just wanted to throw it out there... lots of training fixing to happen for the next 4 weeks or so, available areas will be less than usual. It's already obvious starting this week.

brw42

In upcoming days, yes. We are currently completing season quarter summary. Should be done tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BULL MOOSE

Roost 1":384oba6t said:
No sir.... 8pm night before. Friday night for Sat, Sat night for Sunday and so forth.

That would seem to favor those who are close by. Sort of difficult to tell your wife that you are going to drive to Clarksville and get a hotel room in the hopes that you will get an area. She may think you are hunting other dear.

brw42

Roost 1":1w2qv8cn said:
BRW42, could we get an update of the deer harvest? Bucks? Does?
Thanks in advance.
206 deer harvested. 159 adult deer, 47 juvenile deer. 73% doe harvest. Nearly same as last year at this point in season, with slightly less harvest, but area availability has been abnormally low this year due to training.

brw42

Roost 1":3jdtq5bt said:
Thank you for the update. In your opinion where would you like the antlerless harvest to be at the end of season? I see you read the pm I sent you, please reply.
Thanks again.
60%

brw42

brw42":pnb4jsta said:
Roost 1":pnb4jsta said:
Thank you for the update. In your opinion where would you like the antlerless harvest to be at the end of season? I see you read the pm I sent you, please reply.
Thanks again.
60%

That's 60% antlerless female... :)

Latest posts