Fort Campbell 2017

Rakkin6

I got 09A, also just so everyone is tracking I spoke with Jeremy the game warden on post and he said to use the permit that you carry for your temporary kill tag.

brw42

Rakkin6":apn5iqcy said:
I got 09A, also just so everyone is tracking I spoke with Jeremy the game warden on post and he said to use the permit that you carry for your temporary kill tag.
Don't use your permit. Use your check in pass. Save you some printing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SKFOOTER

So how many copies of our Check-In Pass should we print?? 2?? One for the dash and one to carry on our person and use as the temporary kill tag??

Rakkin6

Sorry that's what I meant was the check in pass, and yes one for the dashboard and one that you carry is for you to check in with

brw42

SKFOOTER":20f9ozaz said:
So how many copies of our Check-In Pass should we print?? 2?? One for the dash and one to carry on our person and use as the temporary kill tag??
Just keep it in your dash while hunting and put on bird when you return to vehicle. Isportsman is still working on implementing a temp tag for us that will be on area assignment hopefully by next week. Just keep your permit on you while carrying bird out.

brw42

Rakkin6":ie0v6405 said:
Sorry that's what I meant was the check in pass, and yes one for the dashboard and one that you carry is for you to check in with
2 is better than 1! BUT the system does not prompt people to print 2 yet, so no one will be faulted for now. Still working kinks out as fast as we can.

whiskey

AT Hiker":alhgz4ue said:
So what's the quota for active duty,retired and civilians? Is it free for all or is there still priority?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn't a priority anymore, just a few areas that area only available to active duty.

There are some glitches in the new system. I wasn't able to check out through the website, had to call the office to get out. Lots of others had the same issue.

I heard there were only 8 birds checked Saturday. There were 15 or so already checked before lunch Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tn Joe

How's the turkey hunting been for y'all so far? I've only made it up for one hunt, found some birds but they had hens.

Haven't seen medwc post any in this thread. Hope all is well

Tn Joe

SKFOOTER":38dl4x2w said:
Where can I find a list of the hunter capacities for each Fort Campbell area???

I have a list from 2009 but I know some of the areas hold more hunters now than back then. I can text or email you a pic of it if youd like

@fulldraw

Now that season is over what is everyone's thoughts on the new check in system? I like it. Only one time I didn't get the area I wanted. It'll be interesting to see if the system stays the same. Checking out became a problem for me about halfway through season. I couldn't check out by phone or computer and had to call the office to check out.

SKFOOTER

It appeared that the problem with checking out online only occurred when the area that you wanted to check out of was full. When there were spots open in the area I was checking out of the system allowed me to check out. I did have a problem this past Friday night when signing in to an area. I was granted my choice and the system even took me to the page that had the green check mark telling me I was successful and to print my pass. But when I clicked on the "Print Pass" icon the screen went blank. I logged out and logged back in and the system showed that I was in no area. And the area I wanted was full. That makes me wonder if big brother has an upper hand in this new check in system??

whiskey

@fulldraw":yrw9ta9j said:
Now that season is over what is everyone's thoughts on the new check in system? I like it. Only one time I didn't get the area I wanted. It'll be interesting to see if the system stays the same. Checking out became a problem for me about halfway through season. I couldn't check out by phone or computer and had to call the office to check out.

It was full of bugs, errors and confusion. If I had assigned this project to a manager, I would have considered the roll-out a failure. They got it working just enough to limp through season. I hunted out there very little this spring due to the issues and confusion. I hope they get it hemmed up before the fall. I am sure the folks at ODR that had to deal with it every day felt the same frustration. Also, I think they handled a bunch of pissed off hunters very well. It isn't an easy job having to deal with the folks that are angry because the big bosses didn't plan properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@fulldraw

whiskey":1uzmqs7r said:
@fulldraw":1uzmqs7r said:

It was full of bugs, errors and confusion. If I had assigned this project to a manager, I would have considered the roll-out a failure. They got it working just enough to limp through season. I hunted out there very little this spring due to the issues and confusion. I hope they get it hemmed up before the fall. I am sure the folks at ODR that had to deal with it every day felt the same frustration. Also, I think they handled a bunch of pissed off hunters very well. It isn't an easy job having to deal with the folks that are angry because the big bosses didn't plan properly.

Just curious, what bugs, errors and confusion are you referring to?

Latest posts