Fort Campbell 2017

whiskey

@fulldraw":s98t67ac said:
Just curious, what bugs, errors and confusion are you referring to?

Well, the preseason confusion of how this would work, not being able to take money at ODR, no clearly defined process. The system allowing people to check in at 8pm, then the areas allowing full sign ins again after midnight. Not being able to sign out, not being able to sign in, frozen accounts, finding yourself already checked out as you are leaving an area. Seems like there was more, but it's been a couple months.

I agree with you that I prefer the new system when it's working. I do think it will help lots of the past crookedness that was going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@fulldraw

whiskey":22qgtnot said:
@fulldraw":22qgtnot said:
Just curious, what bugs, errors and confusion are you referring to?

Well, the preseason confusion of how this would work, not being able to take money at ODR, no clearly defined process. The system allowing people to check in at 8pm, then the areas allowing full sign ins again after midnight. Not being able to sign out, not being able to sign in, frozen accounts, finding yourself already checked out as you are leaving an area. Seems like there was more, but it's been a couple months.

I agree with you that I prefer the new system when it's working. I do think it will help lots of the past crookedness that was going on.

Thanks. You definitely came across more problems than I did. Never had issues signing in or a frozen account. The employees at the office did tell me they were checking out everyone at 7:30 due to the check out problem when I asked about it.

Roost 1

Ironically the purpose of the new system was to allow more opportunity for hunters, however when one can't check out, FCFG decide to check you out automatically at 19:30 how does that provide more opportunity? Just leaves a bunch of full areas with nobody hunting just as before. However I hear lots of "not open" areas got hunted pretty regular. So, I guess it's worked out well for some. Looking forward to deer season and the new changes/challenges it will present.

Tn Joe

I like the new system. Living 100+ miles from the check station it's a big help being able to print my area assignment at home. I also had problems checking out, it seemed as if it was only certain areas that I couldn't check out of. I also noticed the hunter capacity of some areas change from day to day.

@fulldraw

Tn Joe":2nkj5srw said:
I like the new system. Living 100+ miles from the check station it's a big help being able to print my area assignment at home. I also had problems checking out, it seemed as if it was only certain areas that I couldn't check out of. I also noticed the hunter capacity of some areas change from day to day.

That's interesting. I didn't notice that. Wonder how often that happened and why?

Roost 1

Tn Joe":1zxb14z1 said:

I agree being able to print the area assignment at home was nice. However just like SKFooter there were a few times I checked into an area at 8pm and got a screenshot of the page with the green check mark only to find out once I got home and tried to print that I was not in an area, or somehow I had been checked out. Pretty certain I did not check myself out any of those times. I actually heard a rumor of people looking at others' area assignments and then calling fcfg and having them check that person out, so they could get in the area...Don't know how true this may or may not be but I heard it as a rumor.

Roost 1

I also noticed as the season went on that the 20% allotment for AD kept rising and as it was supposed to be a random draw it was odd that AB-03 wasn't ever open to anyone but AD guys. I think there is more to come. We shall see....

Tn Joe

Roost 1":2q193bn4 said:
I also noticed as the season went on that the 20% allotment for AD kept rising and as it was supposed to be a random draw it was odd that AB-03 wasn't ever open to anyone but AD guys. I think there is more to come. We shall see....

I noticed this also. As for someone having another person checked out, every time I called to check out I was asked for my name and address. So if that happened to everyone that called it would be tough to pull that off.

SKFOOTER

A remedy for that would be to remove the name and phone number from the Area Pass that is left on the dashboard. Just show the area # and the permit #.

Roost 1

SKFOOTER":2dvwh1b6 said:
A remedy for that would be to remove the name and phone number from the Area Pass that is left on the dashboard. Just show the area # and the permit #.

we dealt with this same thing 10-15yrs ago which is why your permit number was removed form the old area assignments.

Roost 1

Tn Joe":3g4svm2u said:
Roost 1":3g4svm2u said:

I noticed this also. As for someone having another person checked out, every time I called to check out I was asked for my name and address. So if that happened to everyone that called it would be tough to pull that off.

I had to be checked out most every time I hunted and was never asked for my address or any other personal info. On one occasion I guess I had a desirable area because I was put on hold for several minutes and was checked out before I ever got off the phone....

Roost 1

I think it will be a fine system ONCE it starts working properly. With that being said I'd bet it changes before deer season and we can learn it all over again.. I do not like the fact that a guy could be checked into one area and then still be a caller for his bud in another area and vice versa.....the ones that's been around know the problems that caused in the past.

JDP

2017-2018 Fee Schedule (beginning 1 June 2017):

Sportsman

Permits all hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation activities for individuals 18-64 years of age.

$60

Senior Sportsman

Permits all hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation activities for individuals 65 years of age and older.

FREE

Youth Sportsman

Permits all hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation activities for individuals 9-17 years of age and older.

FREE

E1-E4 Sportsman

Permits Active Duty Military Personnel in pay grades E1 through E4 to participate in all hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation.

FREE

Annual Deer

Permits deer hunting only.

$35

Deer quota permit

Permits deer hunting during additional quota hunts which will be randomly drawn upon announcement. These draw hunts will specify quota type (by sex and number) and other information pertaining to the quota hunt including permit costs. Hunts will be announced 1-2 weeks prior to being conducted to allow purchase of appropriate permits.

TBD

Annual Turkey

Permits turkey hunting only.

$35

Turkey quota permit

Permits deer hunting during additional quota hunts which will be randomly drawn upon announcement. These draw hunts will specify quota type (by sex and number) and other information pertaining to the quota hunt including permit costs. Hunts will be announced 1-2 weeks prior to being conducted to allow purchase of appropriate permits.

TBD

One Day Big Game

Permits deer or turkey hunting only for date license is issued.

$10

Annual Small Game

Permits bobcat, coyote, quail, raccoon, rabbit, squirrel, waterfowl, and woodcock hunting. Hunters must meet federal requirements (federal duck stamp and migratory bird permit) in addition to possessing an Annual Small Game permit to hunt waterfowl and woodcock on Fort Campbell.

$25

One Day – Small Game

Permits waterfowl, quail, woodcock, squirrel, rabbit, raccoon, coyote, and bobcat hunting only for date license is issued. Hunters must meet federal requirements (migratory bird permit) in addition to possessing a One Day - Small Game permit to hunt woodcock on Fort Campbell. Hunters must meet federal requirements (federal duck stamp and migratory bird permit) in addition to possessing a One Day – Small Game permit to hunt waterfowl on Fort Campbell.

$10

Annual Fishing

Permits fishing only.

$15

One Day Fishing

Permits fishing only for date license is issued.

$5

Annual Outdoor Recreation

Permits outdoor recreational activities only (no hunting or fishing). Outdoor recreation activities are defined in Section 1.6.

$40

One Day Outdoor Recreation

Permits outdoor recreational activities only (no hunting or fishing) for date license is issued. Outdoor recreation activities are defined in Section 1.6.

$10

A pro-rated Sportsman permit will be available for $25.00 to all individuals that purchased their Annual Turkey Permit for $35.00 prior to 2017 Spring Turkey Season.

All individuals must be validated at Bldg. 6645 101st Airborne Division Road.

All permits expire 28 February 2018.

@fulldraw

I've been away for awhile but I haven't heard anything. Tried calling the office a couple times in the last week. Never got an answer.

Latest posts