Best Birthday to date

Simpleman.2

Well Today and yesterday was my brother's and I fall break at Chatt state so we loaded up the trucks and called a buddy and hit the road to go hunt. We got settled in yesterday morning and I sucker punched me two does on video within the first two hours. Climbed down ran them to the processor and donated them to hunters for the hungry and got back in there for an evening set. Saw 6 does and shot one. Tagged out for the day. Well this morning I got setup in another one of my spots. Saw 23 deer. 6 bucks and 17 does. Bucks never came in range. Ended up busting two more does on video. All heart shots. Got the deer taken care of and settled in this evening. My buddy shot a buck and about the time I see the text I look up and here comes two bucks. Ended up smoking this 8 point right at dark. Tagged out two days in a row on public land and it just so happens to be my birthday today too! To say I'm stoked is an understatement! So thankful for friends, family, and big bucks! That makes seven total for the year. I'll try to get around and post the four kill shot videos I got in the next few days. For now here's a pic of the bucks!
9cf33e31efb37d34057ca630f1a1ffcf.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simpleman.2

Thanks guys I appreciate it. All six deer were shot with the chinese rages off eBay. Four of them crashed within sight and two made it maybe 100-150 yards. I'll be buying more!

Simpleman.2

c1307179f29db41d43eaa11a56d83d26.png

The body on this thing is huge. By far the biggest I've killed. I'm gonna put him on some scales and see what they say today. When I was field dressing him he had at least a 1/2 to 3/4 inch of fat. Definitely been eating good.

Simpleman.2

cbhunter":16dsuok3 said:
Man what an accomplishment, I don't envy all the work you done in two days for sure! Your on fire!! congrats!

Thank you! Luckily I had the deer sled with me so it helped with the dragging a lot. Lol

Simpleman.2

Gauge":162hzqhs said:
Dang. You racked up more deer in 2 days than I do in an entire season. Congrats!

Yeah I've been fortunate and had a really good bow season so far. It's kind of funny because I've hunted less this bow season than I probably ever have due to school and fishing tournaments. I normally kill about 2-4 deer during bow and a couple more deer during rifle and muzzleloader. I have a list of three or four people that ask for a deer every year so I try to get them some and put a few in our freezer too.

Latest posts