Are there any up to date numbers for Deer harvests this year?

Wrangler95

I think we had a great season on the overall kill!My county of Clay only killed a little over 700 total,about the worse of any county around us!There seems to be a great dropoff in hunters but another reason is that alot of hunters in my county are passing up small bucks which is a good thing to me!

Jcalder

I think we had a great season on the overall kill!My county of Clay only killed a little over 700 total,about the worse of any county around us!There seems to be a great dropoff in hunters but another reason is that alot of hunters in my county are passing up small bucks which is a good thing to me!
Pickett killed half that

redblood

Completely opposite here. Doe groups of dozens or more regularly but rarely see antlers.
My son hunted last friday morning and saw 28 does and 1 buck, and that was in the woods- not overlooking a field. A few weeks ago on a foggy rainy afternoon there were 76 does and 2 bucks in the 3 crop fields i overlook. My county (marshall) killing twice as many bucks as does is a bad thing.

slabhead

Looks like overall down around 10k from last year if I looked at it correctly. my county reported 197 less antlered bucks and 492 less overall total from last year to this year.

BSK

My son hunted last friday morning and saw 28 does and 1 buck, and that was in the woods- not overlooking a field. A few weeks ago on a foggy rainy afternoon there were 76 does and 2 bucks in the 3 crop fields i overlook. My county (marshall) killing twice as many bucks as does is a bad thing.
What a difference. We usually run slightly more bucks than does. A few years buck, we were at 2 bucks per doe.

Andy S.

My son hunted last friday morning and saw 28 does and 1 buck, and that was in the woods- .........
My dream late season as folks (non-hunters) are asking for deer for their freezer. I hunted Wednesday morning in the woods in Unit CWD (previously Unit L), with the intentions of shooting a full grown doe that dressed at least 80#, to give to a coworker. I would have shot a coyote too just for the heck of it. Of course, I saw a nice 3.5+ broke up 8 point, a small 4 point following the 8 point, a doe fawn and a button buck fawn. Everything except what I wanted to shoot. Fun times. :)

Last edited:

redblood

My dream late season as folks (non-hunters) are asking for deer for their freezer. I hunted Wednesday morning in the woods in Unit CWD (previously Unit L), with the intentions of shooting a full grown doe that dressed at least 80#, to give to a coworker. I would have shot a coyote too just for the heck of it. Of course, I saw a nice 3.5+ broke up 8 point, a small 4 point following the 8 point, a doe fawn and a button buck fawn. Everything except what I wanted to shoot. Fun times. :)
he will get to hunt juvenile and has the greenlight to shoot every legal doe this weekend. which, i think is 3 a day (but i will check) and 1 buck

redblood

As many bucks as I killed
i admit, we have not killed enough for yrs and we quit allowing the farmer who leases our land to kill them (found too many buck skulls). an issue is time. i wont pay 100.00 to have a deer processed and struggle to find the time with 2 jobs and a business, to process them. plus, we dont eat alot of deer meat- except for jerky

redblood

i bet they doe numbers would quickly go down if guns started going off. These deer are very very safe. in fact the only buck i killed this yr was on my childhood farm 7 miles away

Latest posts