Where are the deer?

deerhunter10

I have 400 ac of private land surrounded buy public land. I have not stepped food on it in 4 weeks. I have 8 cameras on it and i am getting very little to no pictures of deer the past 7 days. It is definitely not due to pressure.
If you are surrounded by public land then it is getting pressure. Late season is all about pressure, food, and weather.

deerhunter10

Man some people know all the answers without ever stepping foot on a place😂😂 stop watching so much tv😂
Watch no TV. Just killed a 5.5 year old last night we have had zero drop off on deer movement. Something is missing for deer to leave or not move. Clearly. But keep believing it's nothing and just complain about not having deer. Doesn't matter to me. It's funny the same ones who ask for advice or have questions are the same ones who get butt hurt over answers they don't want to hear.

kaizen leader

Watch no TV. Just killed a 5.5 year old last night we have had zero drop off on deer movement. Something is missing for deer to leave or not move. Clearly. But keep believing it's nothing and just complain about not having deer. Doesn't matter to me. It's funny the same ones who ask for advice or have questions are the same ones who get butt hurt over answers they don't want to hear.
I asked the question to better understand deer behavior from the respected deer hunters on this site. I've learned a lot and do appreciate those willing to help. As for the rest it's like the wind blowing through the trees.

knightrider

Well congratulations on your fine accomplishment, it was a joke not a Richard, dont take it so hard

Man some people know all the answers without ever stepping foot on a place😂😂 stop watching so much tv😂
1703824445807.gif

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

BSK

No change at my place. I have NEVER seen so much December activity. Hundreds and hundreds of pictures/videos from any type of food source, especially food plots. However, the vast majority of the videos are at night in the plots.

Strangely, also still seeing a LOT of scrape-working. That is unusual for late December. Three traditional scrapes are still getting hit hard, one of them (on the edge of a food plot) every day, multiple times per day. In 16 days, that scrape accumulated 426 videos.

kaizen leader

No change at my place. I have NEVER seen so much December activity. Hundreds and hundreds of pictures/videos from any type of food source, especially food plots. However, the vast majority of the videos are at night in the plots.

Strangely, also still seeing a LOT of scrape-working. That is unusual for late December. Three traditional scrapes are still getting hit hard, one of them (on the edge of a food plot) every day, multiple times per day. In 16 days, that scrape accumulated 426 videos.
From a big one? 🦌

Gravey

We have food plots, acorns, and plenty of thick cover and not seeing them this year like we normally do. Had several good bucks on camera and all pics are few and far between. Stayed on stand until 11:00 this morning and not the first deer. Folks around us saying the same when it comes to lack of sightings. Has me puzzled.

Latest posts