Where are the deer?

Bgoodman30

Bucks gone nocturnal since 2nd rut peak around 12/8. Have got some glimpses of bucks glassing right after Lst on field edges…

AT Hiker

What area of TN you hunting? We are in Hickman. My cousin is living at our cabin while his house is being built. He's been hunting quite a bit. He hasn't seen a deer since Thanksgiving 😳
I moved back to our farm in NW Dickson county. I haven't seen a deer since thanksgiving either.
Our food plots look great, I guess that's expected when nothing is in them eating.

knightrider

Good luck. We saw every buck in the county except the ones we were looking for
She got it done this morning first time out this year
IMG_3484.jpeg

Gravey

What area of TN you hunting? We are in Hickman. My cousin is living at our cabin while his house is being built. He's been hunting quite a bit. He hasn't seen a deer since Thanksgiving 😳
Dang that's a bummer! I just brought my neighbor and his wife down to try and get her on her first deer. Got him his first I think 2 years ago but it was cold and had been snowing. We're about 5 miles south off the Bucksnort exit. Sightings have been hit or miss and figuring the warm weather won't help. Fingers crossed it works out.

Gravey

I moved back to our farm in NW Dickson county. I haven't seen a deer since thanksgiving either.
Our food plots look great, I guess that's expected when nothing is in them eating.
Walking in a few minutes ago I reached down and picked up an acorn to see if it was rotted and this little sucker is sprouting to take root. Picked another up and they're not rotten.
IMG_5663.jpeg

AT Hiker

Walking in a few minutes ago I reached down and picked up an acorn to see if it was rotted and this little sucker is sprouting to take root. Picked another up and they're not rotten.
View attachment 208621
We are loaded with them. Thing is I can't even find deer hitting ours.
I swear, white oaks started dropping in August and are still dropping.

BSK

View attachment 208621
This is common for White Oak acorns. If it is a wet fall, they will start going to root in late November. In a dry fall, mid-December. Once they got to root, deer no longer prefer them. That's why Red Oak acorns are so important. They usually do not go to root until spring, hence deer live on them all winter.

Antler Daddy

This is common for White Oak acorns. If it is a wet fall, they will start going to root in late November. In a dry fall, mid-December. Once they got to root, deer no longer prefer them. That's why Red Oak acorns are so important. They usually do not go to root until spring, hence deer live on them all winter.
In my mind those roots would be nutritious and good eating…but I have never eaten many.