Where are the deer?

Ski

Pretty dead here in Coffee. I saw one of my good ones dead on the road this morning, and a nice one out tending a doe in the field mid morning. So I went out to two properties & pulled cards and in the last two weeks it's been pretty dead. I've been tagged out since early November so it's not hunting pressure on these properties. Just that time of year.

redblood

Get on your scrape lines. I have had 4 mature bucks hit the same scrapeline in the last 8 hours. And its been like that for a week. I expect there to be one less by tomorrow at dark

Attachments

• IMG_8234.png
    IMG_8234.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8233.png
    IMG_8233.png
    216.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8235.png
    IMG_8235.png
    224.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8231.png
    IMG_8231.png
    508.5 KB · Views: 12

gatodoc

Deer been scarce last two weeks in Fayette county. Not seeing any and few pix since rut passed.

Did hear some sparing this morning but couldn't get eyes on them.

Took a big doe this evening and she was running with another big doe.

Hope to find my buck in second rut last few days of the season right after new years.

MickThompson

I've given up on even seeing a buck this year, much less one I want to shoot. Just hoping my son gets a crack at one before it closes. He has certainly put his time in. Pulled a camera on a clover plot tonight- 13 triggers over the last 30+ days. Another on a traditional field entry that had more pics of the neighbor's dog, squirrels, and black birds than deer.

Finally seeing a few show up in fields. We laid out prone in a field tonight to get this one but she got past him and too far out for him to shoot. Check out the fat on this doe- she was pretty well out of places to pack on any more. I can see why they haven't been moving for me. Been laid up, fat and happy, on acorns I don't have.

Looks like I get to hang up the gun and guide from here on out. 87A12A26-A08D-4C2A-A95A-07B52C49FFD5.jpeg

Jcalder

My food plot is finally getting busy. Bucks have been pretty non existent and if I have seen a buck, he needs a few years. Nothing close that I wanna shoot but if one of these does comes back into heat I hope to be here.

Latest posts