Turkey choke?

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
So I'm getting a new turkey shotgun. Gonna go with a Mossberg 940 Pro with the 18.5 barrel and Holosun. I've been out of the turkey game for quite some time and was wondering what choke works best. I guess I need to look at what I'm gonna shoot thru it first…

Remington700

Decide what shot you want to shoot (lead or TSS) then you can start looking at constriction. I personally like Trulock chokes.

Shag

That is a great looking gun AND a great optic! I don't have any Mossberg's, so I can't be much help for choke recommendations. I'm running Indian Creek, Jeb's and Gobblin' Thunder in various Remington turkey guns.

TheLBLman

IMO, the shells you choose to shoot may be as or more important than the choke.

I've become very partial to TSS, with which there is less need for rifle-like extra, extra full chokes.

Will most the birds you ultimately decide to pull the trigger be over or under 45 yds?
Factory "full" (not even extra full "turkey choke") will likely do the job well at 45 yds with #9 TSS.

The more open your choke, the less likely a total miss at 20 yds or less?

mike52

I use a modified choke on my 20 ga Remington 870 magnum 3 inch TSS #9. This gun seems to like the open choke vs tight.