Best Hunting Backpacks

DMD

I don't like carrying extra weight, so I leave the kitchen sink at home. That said..I use a small Mystery Ranch pack. It carries everything I need and seems to be well made.
I'm just the opposite...i carry the kitchen sink šŸ˜‚. Every year or two, i try to downsize, but i always end up with the same stuff in my pack. I HATE needing something and not having it. I always carry my outer layer clothes in or on my backpack in addition to other things I may need.

backyardtndeer

Don't know about best, but I have a Cabela's backpack(think it was their "whitetail extreme")that I used to use when I took my kids a lot. Carried video camera, camera tree arm and everything else in it. The most comfortable backpack I have ever used. Good shoulder straps and a waist strap. Has a lot of room too. Used it in Wyoming and fit my antelope quarters in it in garbage bags. As with most things with Cabela's these days though it may be hit and miss finding a similar pack with the same quality.

Lone Hunter

I have an Eberlestock "Just One"pack. It hauls a ton of gear and is very comfortable to wear. It has a scabbard so I can walk in with my hands free. I generally hunt steep sides of the mountain and this sure helps. It also has 2 sleeves for hydration bladders. A comfortable pack is worth it's weight in gold.

Mattt

I'm gonna second the eberlestock. Just picked up a mini-me for day use around here. Have a larger one that I've used extensively for helo work and it's been jam up. As far as durability goes I'd rank them with or even above my kifaru. Actually thinking about trying one of their frames to replace it.

Bgoodman30

on sale.

Latest posts