Best Hunting Backpacks

MCO8891

Looking to get my dad a new pack back for deer hunting. I don't want to get him one that's huge. Any price range. Any ideas?

philsanchez76

Eberlestock X2 has been fantastic. Great quality pack, been through over 200 hunts in the thick woods and looks brand new. I had an Alpz brand pack before that and all the zippers broke within the first season. I think they have an updated version of the x2 now, not sure on price. But I believe it'll be a life long pack.

Lt.Dan

I've got a Badlands pack. The quality of the pack is second to none. The more you wear it the more comfortable it becomes. The holster in the waist belt isn't worth a darn, IMHO. And my sandwiches get smoothed but I found a work around for that. Just use a plastic dish that sandwich meat comes in (no need for the lid) to keep the sandwiches protected. Other than those 2 issues it's been a great pack. They are expensive but have a lifetime warranty and made in the USA.

Last edited:

DMD

I know this isn't a popular hunting brand name - but this backpack has been great for me. I've carried it for several years - not a problem with it. Lots of space, ample pockets - I strap my clothes on the outside. It's been a great backpack:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Omega

I'm currently using this Tidewe pack my daughter gifted me, it's pretty good for the price, holds everything I want to take in, even my Dewalt driver and spare battery to do a little TLC to my stand last week. Has a rifle carrier and rain cover tucked in at the bottom and a place for a camelback but no bladder comes with it.

1702564742209.png

Southern Sportsman

I haven't gotten it yet so I can't give a personal review, but I also need a new one so I've researched them quite a bit lately.

I settled on the Alps Outdoorz Pursuit. It's actually on sale here if he doesn't mind brown instead of camo.

I like the Sitka 2700 Mountain hauler if you can get it on sale, which I did. Does he carry at tree stand, if so the 2700 would not work well. I use an older "floppy " style pack when hooking it on my stand. I hunt off the ground 95% of the time.

Gravey

I know this isn't a popular hunting brand name - but this backpack has been great for me. I've carried it for several years - not a problem with it. Lots of space, ample pockets - I strap my clothes on the outside. It's been a great backpack:

I have this one pretty sure from your recommendation and works great for me. I've had a Badlands Day pack and liked it but wanted a little more room.

mike243

I bought 1 from bass pro 5.11 and have been really happy with it, plenty of pockets and a padded storage for electronic pads and such. not had any water get into it but I avoid rain as much as I can lol they have several sizes to pick from, I will never buy a brown back pack or pants/shirt or coveralls to deer hunt with, not getting shot due to movement and the right color for a deer ymmv

Laserman1

Been using the Badlands Monster Fanny pack for 10 years. In it I have gps , flashlight, full size binos, sandwich and snacks, bottle of water and a coffee thermos, skinning knife, compass, phone, car keys, limb saw , trail markers, and pull-up rope. Also has straps for coat below it and many attachment points for ear muffs,

Buzzard Breath

I hunted with an Eberlestock X2 for years and it's always worked good. I've recently switched over to the Kuiu Pro Pack system so I could interchange bags and get rid of some of my packs. It's worked great and gives me a more comfortable option for hauling meat and heavy loads. Now I just need to actually sell some of my old packs.

redblood

i have had the same kids camo back pack for 25 years. it came from walmart. i think i paid 9.96 for it. I was still in college when i bought it. its torn and weathered and one zipper dont work but it suits me fine and it is small, which i like

Latest posts