Need help on selecting the best hunting ap

ROB

I would greatly benefit from having available one of the many hunting apps. I'm a very low tech, almost no tech, redneck but can learn if the app isn't too complex. I especially need an app that will accurately map property lines. Lots of the younger guys I know that hunt use these apps, sone of whom prefer OnX, others HuntsStand, & others something else. The simpler, the better for me. Thx for your help.

Omega

I would greatly benefit from having available one of the many hunting apps. I'm a very low tech, almost no tech, redneck but can learn if the app isn't too complex. I especially need an app that will accurately map property lines. Lots of the younger guys I know that hunt use these apps, sone of whom prefer OnX, others HuntsStand, & others something else. The simpler, the better for me. Thx for your help.
I use Huntstand, when it first came out property lines were free, limited, but free. Now they charge, but now that I have my lines, I'll just use the free version for everything else. The free version will get you up and running with a few of its features so you can see if it is something you are interested in continuing using. I don't use OnX, but if it has a free trial, use it and see if it too meets your needs.

deerfever

I have both, I prefer Onx but Huntstand is good and I use it when I go out of state if I remember correctly it was cheaper to upgrade for my out of state purposes than OnX. ONX seems easier to use to me as I am terrible with tech stuff!

DoubleRidge

Updated my OnX app today and used promo code: HUNTTN to save 20% making the Premium version $26. (Single State)

This is my first time to use OnX in Tennessee but a few years back I used it in Colorado where we downloaded maps before going out of cell range and it worked great. Was very pleased with the features.

Wolverine72

Huntstand and OnX are on my phone. Tried both and for whatever reason HuntStand gets most of my attention. Have not used OnX this year. I don't pay for either of the apps, the free versions are good enough for me.

Dumbluck

I use OnX, Huntstand, and Spartan Forge. They all have features I use, specifically when related to maps. I prefer OnX for mapping because I can send other hunters way points. Sometimes I will scout for hunting buddies and this way I don't have to physically show them where to go, I can send them the way point. I also prefer OnX topo maps. Huntstand I prefer it's aerial maps over OnX and use it to map trail cameras only. Spartan Forge has lidar that can show me intricacies of the land that a topo can not.

tntrkkllr

GPS pretty accurate, yearly subscription isn't to expensive, have had less issues with this app than other hunting apps on my phone. And has a bunch of tools to use, marking stand locations or points of interest or whatever, can measure distances or shapes of acreage ect, also it's a good scouting tool using topo and hybrid map!

Lone Hunter

I have had both apps ( HuntStand and OnX) . I liked both apps but like HuntStand better. Both apps basically do the same thing but HuntStand has a few more gadgets. The main reason I like HuntStand better is you can get the property lines/boundaries for the continental USA and OnX has it for just one state. HuntStand for Cont US is about $10 more or so than OnX for one state. The property boundaries will get you close but I wouldn't get into a pissing contest that they were right on the money just 10-40 yds close.

killingtime 41

Been using HuntStand for years I used the free version for several years. And for last 3 years I have HuntStand pro. It was like 30 or 40 bucks for the year. They have pro whitetail but don't see any reason thus far to get it. Tried Onx free trial didn't seem any better than HuntStand so I deleted Onx. I use HuntStand pro and free CalTopo. Haven't tried Spartan forge yet.

Latest posts