Daughters best to date.

TNLynn

11 points, 150lbs. By far her heaviest and biggest rack. I was with her and deer took a step at shot. Lucky it was stepping away instead of forward. Entered last rib and went to far shoulder destroying both lungs. Run about 70 yards downhill and crashed. She is still on cloud 9!

Attachments

• 20221122_072701.jpg
    20221122_072701.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 430

TboneD

I absolutely love seeing everyone's kids getting good deer so congratulations! Guess it's because there's so much behind the pics than the trophies celebrated if you know what I mean. But that's a GOOD BUCK! That a New England Handi-rifle?

TNLynn

I absolutely love seeing everyone's kids getting good deer so congratulations! Guess it's because there's so much behind the pics than the trophies celebrated if you know what I mean. But that's a GOOD BUCK! That a New England Handi-rifle?
Yes. Only rifle she's ever had. 243. A few in the family have killed with it. Fun little gun and a shooter. Mostly bang flops!

TboneD

Yes. Only rifle she's ever had. 243. A few in the family have killed with it. Fun little gun and a shooter. Mostly bang flops!
I had one in 270 win but bought the ultralight model in 243 for my son. While his was an absolute tack driver with Hornady Custom 75g hollow points, heavier bullets for deer simply wouldn't stabilize, with some even tumbling to key hole the paper! He killed a couple with 80g soft points that grouped ok but quickly decided he'd rather shoot my 270 Win since he knew first hand how quick my deer usually fell.

Anyhow, I'm so glad her's shoots straight for her!

Latest posts