What is the #1 Calendar Date to Be in the Woods?

Spurhunter

So I take it you're an asshole?
That's an understatement. He used to be cowhumper71, if you remember that bloviating windbag. He's the greatest turkey hunter that ever put on camo, best deer hunter that ever climbed a tree, and apparently a deer biologist as well. If you don't believe all that, just ask him. He proves the old saying that you can be anything you want to be on the internet.

utvolsfan77

In my experiences here in East Tennessee, there seems to be a period of about 4-5 days before Veteran's Day until 4-5 days afterwards where I see the majority of buck activity. That can vary a bit year to year depending upon mast crops, ag crops, drought, late/early frosts, general weather and several other factors that vary from year to year, and region to region. However, in looking at my written records compiled over the past 40 years, I have killed more deer on November 14th than any other single day. I AM NOT saying that is the best day, maybe I just happened to be in the woods hunting more on that day each year. Remember the old saying, "You can't shoot them from the couch, or if you aren't out there". My younger brother and I have also taken quite a few deer on November 6th and 8th.

Last edited:

BSK

That's an understatement. He used to be cowhumper71, if you remember that bloviating windbag. He's the greatest turkey hunter that ever put on camo, best deer hunter that ever climbed a tree, and apparently a deer biologist as well. If you don't believe all that, just ask him. He proves the old saying that you can be anything you want to be on the internet.
That explains a lot. I know the type well.

UTGrad

Fantasy land dude. Stay glued to those trail cams and steady smokin that omega 8. Once he breeds your does, he is jumping the fence to go and breed the neighbors. In the real world, that often takes considerably longer than 5 to 6 weeks;)

I see you're a newbie to TNDeer. Don't be a douche, especially to old timers of our forum. BSK has been on here since 1999. Read the room before you post.

Spurhunter

I see you're a newbie to TNDeer. Don't be a douche, especially to old timers of our forum. BSK has been on here since 1999. Read the room before you post.
He's not a newbie. He was cowhumper71 and he got banned so he came back as soft talker, which is hilarious since he screams at the top of his lungs how great he is every time he logs in. I guess he never heard that a lion doesn't have to tell you he's a lion. Or maybe he's just a little kitten pretending to be a lion.

UTGrad

He's not a newbie. He was cowhumper71 and he got banned so he came back as soft talker, which is hilarious since he screams at the top of his lungs how great he is every time he logs in. I guess he never heard that a lion doesn't have to tell you he's a lion. Or maybe he's just a little kitten pretending to be a lion.

There always someone in the crowd that has to try to be funnier and louder than the comedian on stage. He seems like that guy.

Soft Talker

Everything I posted above regarding the whitetail breeding cycle, especially in the state of Tn, is 100% spot on. There was no bragging or bloviating. I dare any "seasoned" deer hunter or "so called biologist" to prove me wrong.

philsanchez76

Everything I posted above regarding the whitetail breeding cycle, especially in the state of Tn, is 100% spot on. There was no bragging or bloviating. I dare any "seasoned" deer hunter or "so called biologist" to prove me wrong.
Yeesh man. No one wants or needs to prove anything to a small man like you. You're now blocked.

Latest posts