can anyone tell me what is the largest 8 point taken in Tennessee

hoghunter65

My nephew shot this on in Wayne county

Attachments

• IMG_20230813_172524256.jpg
    IMG_20230813_172524256.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 7

BSK

We've been chasing this guy on our place this year. Very photogenic, even in daylight. I've got video of him chasing does in food plots right in front of shooting houses numerous times. Yet no one has seen him with their own eyes. If his browtines were longer, I think he would break into the 140s, but as is, I'm thinking upper half of the 130s.

Attachments

• Buck2330k.jpg
    Buck2330k.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 17

Dumbluck

Biggest I've killed, I think he grosses 149 if I remember correctly. He's only got a 14 or 16" spread. I do remember precisely that his smallest mass measurement was still well over 4". Big agriculture TN deer. I actually passed this deer up the year before thinking he was a 4 year old and wanted to see what he would do at 5 if he made it but under aged him and he was actually a 5 year old that year. I killed him at 6. At 5 he was a big 9, He lost that ninth point and only put on a little more mass.

He broke my scale trying to weigh him.

That deer had the biggest set of nuts on him 🤣. I actually called him Nuts. The first trail camera pic I got he was standing right in front of the camera with his sack just right there. 😂
1000016807.jpg

recurve60#

Biggest I've killed, I think he grosses 149 if I remember correctly. He's only got a 14 or 16" spread. I do remember precisely that his smallest mass measurement was still well over 4". Big agriculture TN deer. I actually passed this deer up the year before thinking he was a 4 year old and wanted to see what he would do at 5 if he made it but under aged him and he was actually a 5 year old that year. I killed him at 6. At 5 he was a big 9, He lost that ninth point and only put on a little more mass.

That deer had the biggest set of nuts on him 🤣. I actually called him Nuts. The first trail camera pic I got he was standing right in front of the camera with his sack just right there. 😂View attachment 208380
Stud right there! Its hard to let 3.5 yr olds go, but believe maturity is 6 years old. Congrats.

tree_ghost

That deer had the biggest set of nuts on him 🤣. I actually called him Nuts. The first trail camera pic I got he was standing right in front of the camera with his sack just right there. 😂View attachment 208380
That's a hammer dude! Bow kill?

Dumbluck

That's a hammer dude! Bow kill?
Muzzleloader. I was bow hunting and had my muzzleloader hung up in the tree with me; it was really hot that weekend. I had a cell camera below me in his thicket on a scrape he had been checking every other day. He had stopped working it so I figured he had a doe. Around noon I got down and just left my bow at the tree and worked my way down to the camera about 200 yards fron me carrying the muzzleloader, I wanted to move it to a travel corridor. I was standing there fiddling with strap and heard a deer sneeze behind me. I turned around and finally picked up a nice 3 year old trailing another deer about 50 yards from me. It's super thick in there so I just started following him, he was moving very slow. We went about another 200 yards and he came up on another buck laying down and just stood there for a minute but he kept looking past a down tree where I could not see through. Eventually he got the courage and went past that tree and I could hear a big commotion. The wind had been switching N/S and I was in the danger zone of being winded so I slowly circled toward the east. I got settled in and just sat there for about an hour, and then heard another big commotion beyond that tree and that 3 year old popped back out. The other buck had been laying in the same spot the whole time. About 15 minutes went by with the 3 year old standing next to the bedded buck and the wind shifted from the North blowing their scent past that downed tree and here he came to push them out. I had told myself I wasn't going to shoot that deer unless it was with a bow because I had passed him up the year before with my bow, but I didn't realize how big he was until I was standing eye level with him at 45 yards. It took me about .25 seconds to take my safety off.

Last edited:

Latest posts