Anyone have the video of the two mountain lions in TenMile?

Mud Creek

Within 9 minutes of Biggun4214 posting his story you come up with this pic! Thats pro man...skills. :)

i drink someone GIF

44 mag

I picked up the first coyote in Jefferson county in January 1985 after we had a huge snow and -20's for several days. The original'49er game warden swore it was a dog even after confirmation. The first one confirmed in Hawkins County was in winter of 83-84.
My dad killed on in Hawkins County with a muzzleloader in the mid 80s. I don't remember when exactly. If I remember correctly he said it was the first one killed in Hawkins Co but I have no idea if that's correct.

Biggun4214

My dad killed on in Hawkins County with a muzzleloader in the mid 80s. I don't remember when exactly. If I remember correctly he said it was the first one killed in Hawkins Co but I have no idea if that's correct.
I picked one up near what was Blair's processing in 82-83. I don't remember how it was killed or who killed it. Someone had called and reported it being there.
It was sent to Memphis State for positive id.

44 mag

I picked one up near what was Blair's processing in 82-83. I don't remember how it was killed or who killed it. Someone had called and reported it being there.
It was sent to Memphis State for positive id.
That's pretty cool. When dad killed his people accused him of killing someone's dog. He took it to Tom Ridge taxidermy and had it tanned. He still has the cape.

Lost Lake

In 1985, a High School buddy killed the first coyote that I ever saw in Montgomery county where I grew up. It got a lot of attention, and I believe he had a full body mount done with it.

Snake

Can't remember the year but I think I might have killed the first Coyote in McMinn County.
I had never seen or heard about anyone else seeing one previously.
It was on a cattle farm that was owned by a fellow I worked with. Every year I would ask him if he would give me permission to squirrel hunt his farm but he always turned me down.
One year I asked him if I could hunt and he said " I'll let you hunt if you'll kill that Coyote that's been chasing my cows." I laughed and told him ok but pretty sure there aren't any Coyotes in McMinn County.
Sure enough, opening day of Squirrel season as I was walking along the wood line bordering one of his pastures I saw ole Wiley sneaking up on a calf. He was a little out of range for a .22 but I used a little Kentucky windage and put him on the ground. I carried the stinky varmint back to his house and he was more excited than me to see it.
From then on I never had to ask for hunting permission again.
I seen one hunting in Meigs Co. in 1987 I remember the year because I didn't hunt much in 86 as my grandmother was dieing and she was like my second mom . In 87 been hunting a good deer finally connected opening gun big ole double white patch eight point . That buck had nine lives well eight . Caused my brother to quit he had him dead to right @ 30 yards but muzzy snapped twice . When I killed him later my brother just looked and said " that's him" . Never hunted again...hated that cause he was my partner and it made me kinda sad that I had killed " his" buck . But anyway seen the yote following a small buck about 30 minutes before I killed the eight . He was kinda black looking thinking it was a dog at first .

Last edited:

Latest posts