The end of things …

Buzzard Breath

I go through yearly phases and realize that its just part of life. I was a deer hunting mad man in 2022. It was deer hunting non-stop. 2023 has been the exact opposite. I had the hunt of a lifetime in Alaska, but it took up most of my bow season. I really like bow season due to the long days. It's easy for me to get out in the evenings, after work, and hunt. Once the days get short, the only "free" daylight hours I have are on weekends and I like to spend those with my wife, family, and getting things done around the house. My bowhunting group has kind of fallen apart over the years and I made the mistake of not really planning a rut bowhunt this year, so I haven't really deer hunted in TN this year. I'd be lying if I said I didn't really miss it, because I do. The bright side is that the quota hunts are ending and some of the local WMA's will be good to go for squirrel hunting this weekend and moving forward.

2024 should be a good year. I've got another adventure hunt penciled in; should draw a tag, but nothing is guaranteed. I'm going to head up to LBL in January to scout some new areas to bowhunt next November/December. I'm also going to scout some new areas on a local WMA for quick afternoon bowhunts. Even though I haven't done much this year, My mind is thinking about it all the time.

Latest posts