Best Birthday to date

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Congrats sounds like a fun trip with family and friends! Nice job. :tu: :super:

Simpleman.2

Bone Collector":259gjz1p said:
Congrats! what public land did you hunt.

That 8 is really nice and the # of deer you saw is insane for public land hunting. I've seen 8-10 in a sit, but that is rare.

Yeah it was at AEDC. I've been hunting there since I was little and we've been lucky enough to find some good spots. I shot a buck out there last year bigger than this one but it ended up not being a lethal hit as I saw him again late last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simpleman.2

Bone Collector":2zlva2fj said:
That is open to bow and the gun hunts are draw only right?

Yeah. We'll be back out there for both draw hunts. We somehow got lucky and got drawn for both.

Simpleman.2

Poleaxe":17q4dwu0 said:
Congrats but I'm just happy you all are OK after that accident.

Me too! It could have been a WHOLE lot worse...For those of you that don't know. We were heading back from our trip yesterday morning and was in a car accident. I was driving down the road and I saw a construction zone up ahead with a flagger holding a stop sign. So I slowed and stopped the truck waiting for the go ahead. I looked up in my rear view mirror and see a Van approaching. I was sitting there thinking she's gonna slow down. Nope she never once hit her brakes. Caused a 4 car pile up and totaled my truck and ruined a lot of gear. The trooper come over to me and told me that her speedometer hand was stuck and showed that she was going 62mph. My buck flew out of the back of the truck and busted the back glass while finally landing on the roof. My buddy was sitting in the back seat.Our climbers, boots, bow cases, and quivers were scattered about 30 yards away from the truck. I'm just glad everyone was okay! The truck and the hunting gear can be replaced but a life can't. Truly thankful that the good lord was watching over us!
2eb38bbec7a5150136d9dfc3eb380f1f.jpg
e06f0137bbf215419fef4c36f120b483.jpg
5872078176b18929d6eed2d12880961b.jpg
199b8d1b48a7c6539bdf4531be144c1e.jpg

Simpleman.2

Tn_Va_Hunter":lu51k07n said:
Holy smokes. What a emotional day!! Talk about highs and lows. Glad your ok. Great hunt to btw.

Yeah it was definitely a rollercoaster of a trip. I'm just thankful everyone ended up being okay.

Simpleman.2

Mike Belt":2etahipb said:
First of all it's good to hear no one was hurt. That's a lousy way to end such a great hunt though.

It definitely put a damper on the celebration. I'm still thankful how it all turned out though.

Latest posts