You want the statistics? You can't handle the statistics!

larry ipock

Re: You want the statistics? You can't handle the statistics

Nobody mentioned the bucks killed by some hunters. won't be checked in, cause there not big enough!! It happens all the #### time!!

Jcalder

larry ipock":1vpvtc7a said:
Nobody mentioned the bucks killed by some hunters. won't be checked in, cause there not big enough!! It happens all the #### time!!
it's not just little deer. I know some that won't check any of them in and they kill some fine deer.

Big or small, kill em all

landman

Vermin93":3sc65px5 said:
jaybird62":3sc65px5 said:
Wouldn't it be ironic if more "3rd" bucks were actually killed this season and not checked in than were reported last season.

It would be ironic, sad, illegal, unethical and pathetic.

That said, there will always be cheaters and lowlifes.

True words^^^^^

Jcalder

docpoco":2cea3uln said:
Jcalder":2cea3uln said:
larry ipock":2cea3uln said:
it's not just little deer. I know some that won't check any of them in and they kill some fine deer.

If you have first hand knowledge of this and don't report it, you have no right to complain about it.

At best, you're part of the problem. At worst, you could be committing a crime.
What they do has no effect on me. I don't get into their business either.

TN Song Dog

Os2 Outdoors":3g16r392 said:
To even further skew the numbers, I've got no less than 5 people in my family that have lifetime or sportsman license that DO NOT deer hunt. But are registered deer hunters lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I was thinking along these lines also. I personally haven't taken a deer in the past 5 years.

Jcalder

docpoco":tuadccme said:
You can tell yourself that, but you just came on to the public message board and admitted that you know people that are breaking the law.

Sportsmen following the law is all of our business
I guess everyone you know follows all rules, laws, and regulations. I doubt it.

farmin68

Jcalder":3eyl83la said:
docpoco":3eyl83la said:
You can tell yourself that, but you just came on to the public message board and admitted that you know people that are breaking the law.

Jcalder, in case you don't already realize it, you are arguing with someone who is intellectually superior, and is always right.

Jcalder

farmin68":3cr5gfm2 said:
Jcalder":3cr5gfm2 said:
docpoco":3cr5gfm2 said:

Jcalder, in case you don't already realize it, you are arguing with someone who is intellectually superior, and is always right.
I've already figured it out. We all know people who skew the rule book. I'm just not the kind of person who is gonna run and tell everything someone does wrong

Outdoor Enthusiast

farmin68":ulyt8nxj said:
Jcalder":ulyt8nxj said:
docpoco":ulyt8nxj said:

Haha. You should ask him about global warming. :poke:

Seriously though, I find data from last year of little use or value in discussing the effects of this years changes in the bag limit. Why not just wait until this season's report comes out and then discuss and compare.

Matador

I'm curious Docpoco do you know anyone who has killed a rattlesnake or copperhead? If so did you turn them in?

Bobs8pt

it screws the east tn guys big time[/quote]sounds to me like the east tn guys badly need lower limits. They may not like that but if it meant having more deer in the future to hunt then it needs to happen. I love deer meat but I would rather eat a ham sandwich if it helped the deer herd. You would think they would be the ones really wanting the lower limits but it almost seems just the opposite sometimes from some of the posts I see.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more... I am an East TN hunter and I just can't understand some people's thinking... Instead of being mad about this situation look at the positives. In a few short years we are all going to look back and be thankful for the increase in the deer population. This is a blessing to us all.

TboneD

Bobs8pt":2d8npkx7 said:
it screws the east tn guys big time
sounds to me like the east tn guys badly need lower limits. They may not like that but if it meant having more deer in the future to hunt then it needs to happen. I love deer meat but I would rather eat a ham sandwich if it helped the deer herd. You would think they would be the ones really wanting the lower limits but it almost seems just the opposite sometimes from some of the posts I see.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more... I am an East TN hunter and I just can't understand some people's thinking... Instead of being mad about this situation look at the positives. In a few short years we are all going to look back and be thankful for the increase in the deer population. This is a blessing to us all.[/quote]

You know, thanks for clearing this up for me. I was kind of thinking I must be crazy or something for thinking that since deer populations in east Tn were lower anyway, it should only make sense to lower the limit from three to two. I mean, who wants to hunt and not see bucks, but I read all these posts of guys who do just that: hunt and go for weeks without laying eyes on one. Anyhow, thanks for posting. I'm not a big fan of the new limit because I think more does will be killed in unit L where they shouldn't be, but thanks for clearing that up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stik

TboneD":1ty6t139 said:
You know, thanks for clearing this up for me. I was kind of thinking I must be crazy or something for thinking that since deer populations in east Tn were lower anyway, it should only make sense to lower the limit from three to two. I mean, who wants to hunt and not see bucks, but I read all these posts of guys who do just that: hunt and go for weeks without laying eyes on one. Anyhow, thanks for posting. I'm not a big fan of the new limit because I think more does will be killed in unit L where they shouldn't be, but thanks for clearing that up for me.

to increase the population, you protect the does and shoot the bucks. lowering the buck limit will do nothing to increase the population

Vermin93

A dead deer, whether it's a buck or a doe, is one less deer in the population. To suggest that the buck limit has no affect on the population does not make mathematical sense. The buck limit may not have as great of an affect on the overall population as the doe limit, but it does have an affect.

BlountArrow

docpoco":2fctg3pp said:

I'll agree with you on this...killing and not reporting is not the actions of sportsmen. It does hurt us all in the long run.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Jcalder

Vermin93":2detvbhj said:
A dead deer, whether it's a buck or a doe, is one less deer in the population. To suggest that the buck limit has no affect on the population does not make mathematical sense. The buck limit may not have as great of an affect on the overall population as the doe limit, but it does have an affect.
with this logic we should kill every doe legally possible in east tn. See how that works out for you lol. Save the Bucks. Eat the does. Forget growing the population.

stik

Vermin93":2e6a6i6o said:
during the restoration days, you could legally shoot 11+ bucks and VERY few if any does. the population exploded.

TboneD

stik":2hb2cgqs said:
Vermin93":2hb2cgqs said:
during the restoration days, you could legally shoot 11+ bucks and VERY few if any does. the population exploded.

But 70-something percent of the bucks killed then were just YEARLINGS. What does that tell you?

Jcalder

TboneD":3dvghz1g said:
stik":3dvghz1g said:
Vermin93":3dvghz1g said:

But 70-something percent of the bucks killed then were just YEARLINGS. What does that tell you?

and I remember hearing stories that people would drive for miles to see that 3" spike as well.

Vermin93

stik":7pmafmkp said:
Vermin93":7pmafmkp said:

You said the buck limit has no affect on the population. No affect means zero affect, and that is simply not the case.

The game managers in Virginia and North Carolina must have been thinking illogically when they reduced the buck limit in the western part of their states to 2. You just have to ask yourself what the heck they were thinking since the neighboring land in East TN can handle an 11 buck limit no problem. I know....Tennessee is an island and you really don't care what happens right over the state line. [emoji6]

Latest posts