How would you burn 11 priority points if you can't shoot a bow anymore?

rodeojoe

I could put in for PI, get it and burn it by staying home?
to use the points, but I would not want someone to do that to me.
I have a lifetime sportsman so getting points is free.
If my best chose is Catoosa, I would rather get that for a sure thing and go.
If that is my best hunt available. I should get whatever I put in for besides PI.
I want to take a mature whitetail.

What would you do?

rodeojoe

I can shoot a rifle and muzzleloader.
I have had to go down in Caliber though.
Last time I shot a 12 gauge slug gun, It was $202,000 to replace 10" of rods in the middle of my back. I only have 6 vertebra in my neck that are not fused and I want to keep them that way.
I cannot twist or bend my body and my neck movement is limited. So getting in position with a bow or crossbow is a lot harder than a firearm.

DeerCamp

I can shoot a rifle and muzzleloader.
I have had to go down in Caliber though.
Last time I shot a 12 gauge slug gun, It was $202,000 to replace 10" of rods in the middle of my back. I only have 6 vertebra in my neck that are not fused and I want to keep them that way.
I cannot twist or bend my body and my neck movement is limited. So getting in position with a bow or crossbow is a lot harder than a firearm.
Man, that's tough. If it were me at 11 points, I'd go to PI anyways. It's a once in a lifetime hunt these days. Would be worth it just to see the deer.

Then in a year or so you can pretty much draw any other TN quota hunt you want with a few points.

megalomaniac

I'd go oak ridge.

IF you think you will be able to actually hunt 5 to 6 years from now, id go PI with a crossbow. You CAN hunt those bucks from the ground.

Latest posts