Food Plots Well... how much did you get?

DoubleRidge

We did 2-3 quarts per acre and the guys said it was about an hour before the rain started. With it being as hot and breeze as it was, I'm fairly confident it dried. Will update in about a month when I get back there

Hopefully you get a good kill.
Similar challenge for us....but we used 1.5 quart per acre, which normally works, but about half of what we sprayed couple weeks back got rained on hard shortly after application...and on a couple of the plots we got a "good enough" kill...and on a couple of the other plots there was little evidence they had even been sprayed....so for those plots we will reapply glysophate...no harm...nothing has been planted yet...and as mentioned in another post...for the barasica plots where we got good germination but a weak grass kill we're going to try chethidom...just waiting for it to be delivered....couldn't find it locally.

muddyboots

How much do you think we got? Farm Logs showed 2.5". Been out of town for 10 days but headed up this afternoon to see what I can get done rest of week.
Sunday I was bushogging at our place had got a good rain Saturday but none on Sunday. I bushogged Sunday no problem and dust was way down. Lol.

tellico4x4

Just got a great shower for 45 minutes.
Really didn't want it today as I came up about dark in hopes of planting the next couple days 😂. Oh well, if too wet I'm sure I've got equipment in need of repair and/or maintenance. After being on "vacation" for past 10 days, I'm so ready to be away from people for a while!

tellico4x4

Rain chances appear to be dwindling. Two of us worked from 7a-11p yesterday getting 13 plots done. Working on 4 more this morning, then holding off on remaining 13 annual ones until next rain event. Plenty of soil moisture so not worrying about germination, but looks pretty dry after Sunday.

BSK

Rain chances appear to be dwindling. Two of us worked from 7a-11p yesterday getting 13 plots done. Working on 4 more this morning, then holding off on remaining 13 annual ones until next rain event. Plenty of soil moisture so not worrying about germination, but looks pretty dry after Sunday.
Busted my butt for 3 solid days getting all of my plots in. Now rain forecast has basically vanished. Worse yet, we will probably get a quarter inch - enough to get the seed to germinate - and then nothing for 3 weeks, killing all the newly germinated seed. I'm cursed when it comes to food plots this year.

JCDEERMAN

Busted my butt for 3 solid days getting all of my plots in. Now rain forecast has basically vanished. Worse yet, we will probably get a quarter inch - enough to get the seed to germinate - and then nothing for 3 weeks, killing all the newly germinated seed. I'm cursed when it comes to food plots this year.
It's been a little while since we've had really good successful plots - between droughts, army worms and time restrictions. Last couple years just seemed mediocre. It does seem the upcoming forecast has dwindled some. Looks like we got a whopping .08" this morning.

BSK

This is what this drought summer has done to my plots. To say it was a bit dusty out there would be a serious understatement. I bet I breathed in 10 pounds of dirt.

Attachments

• tractor2.jpg
    tractor2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 53

megalomaniac

:( maybe we will get a tropical storm to form in the gulf and move up to TN in a week...

I got .5in on my planted plots this morn, they got .75in last weekend and are looking great. Prob go ahead and fertilize before the next rain event whenever that is.

tellico4x4

It's been a little while since we've had really good successful plots - between droughts, army worms and time restrictions. Last couple years just seemed mediocre. It does seem the upcoming forecast has dwindled some. Looks like we got a whopping .08" this morning.
Same boat as you. Two of us worked from 7a-11p Thur & 6a-7p Fri to get 20 of them planted. Still have 10 to go + fertilizing but that may be October the way it looks now 😑. Got . 03" last night & 3 hrs of drizzle so far today...Only good news that our soil moisture was great.

tellico4x4

Same here.

JCDEERMAN

Same boat as you. Two of us worked from 7a-11p Thur & 6a-7p Fri to get 20 of them planted. Still have 10 to go + fertilizing but that may be October the way it looks now 😑. Got . 03" last night & 3 hrs of drizzle so far today...Only good news that our soil moisture was great.
Talked to my cousin, who was at our place, and said we also got that 3 hour steady drizzle

Latest posts