Upcoming Cold Snap

UTGrad

Forecast calls for a cold front to come in late this week and bring us the first fall weather of the season. Temps will be high 30s, low 40s at first light Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I usually hunt evenings during bow season, but I'm tempted to do an early morning sit and see if that cold snap has them on their feet.

Anyone planning on being in the woods this coming weekend?

double browtine

With the cool weather, it would be a great morning to do some light rattling with a set of antlers. Nothing loud, just some light tickling of the tines! And then lay them down and be ready! I killed a nice buck with my bow after rattling on a cool morning about 10 years ago. I saw several more bucks after I shot him. They were shooters too! I might have to borrow my dad's Excalibur and go sit in my favorite spot.

Ski

With the cool weather, it would be a great morning to do some light rattling with a set of antlers. Nothing loud, just some light tickling of the tines! And then lay them down and be ready! I killed a nice buck with my bow after rattling on a cool morning about 10 years ago. I saw several more bucks after I shot him. They were shooters too! I might have to borrow my dad's Excalibur and go sit in my favorite spot.

Absolutely a good time to rattle a little. I've sat a few times in the last week and have seen several sparring sessions, one particularly intense. Bucks are still grouped up but walking around each other with ears laid back.

Latest posts