Upcoming Weekend Weather for 10-14/15

Ski

NW winds pushing through here in SW TN. Big difference in "real feel" between 10PM and 5AM. Bring it on, I love cool dry air.

Will be here by dark tonight. Right now it's southerly, switching to west midday, and north by tonight.bucks should be on their feet since there won't be a safe place to bed for any stretch of time.

philsanchez76

I wonder if the strong NW winds will keep them bedded down tomorrow. Gusts could be up to 20 mph. Low temps should get them moving but the wind could be a factor.
Im always on the fence with wind. My overall experience has been that the majority of deer do not like to move when its gusting into the 20s. I am speaking outside of the rut.

Ski

I wonder if the strong NW winds will keep them bedded down tomorrow. Gusts could be up to 20 mph. Low temps should get them moving but the wind could be a factor.

During rut and especially post rut when the cruising starts I'd say wind won't matter. But otherwise they hunker down if it's really gusty. Right before dark as everything calms down I think you'd see excellent movement but you'd need to be close to bedding. Windy days are great for stalking into bedding.

Latest posts