Summit Climbing Stand

stik

LSUtigers said:
Yea if any off you find a summit ultra at the pawn shop enjoy it ; because it may be stolen. I had one stolen hope they enjoy it. Don't leave in woods, i had a chain and lock cut. Good thing I didn't catch them in the act. AARRGGGGGG

the one i bought wasn't stolen. i know the guy that pawned it and he had hunted out of it for a couple of years. i have also had stands stolen.

holstonangler

I've hunted 10 years out of one, they're great. I've upgraded to all goliaths though, they are much more comfortable with thick cold weather gear on. One trick i use is to fill the unused tubes up with "great stuff" foam filler, it quitens it down and keeps water out, just don't get that stuff on your hands its tough to get off.

PickettSFHunter

Well I got out my 75 dollar yard sale Summit. Looked it over really good, gave it a new coat of paint. Climbed a tree, at about 20 feet, I heard something give. Climbed back down and had a big crack bust open in the in the foot platform outer rail. So much for that good idea. I weigh 130 pounds so weight not an issue.

doubledownranch

LSUtigers said:
Yea if any off you find a summit ultra at the pawn shop enjoy it ; because it may be stolen. I had one stolen hope they enjoy it. Don't leave in woods, i had a chain and lock cut. Good thing I didn't catch them in the act. AARRGGGGGG

You guys should save serial numbers off your items that you leave in the woods or think may get stolen and "Pawned" I don't know if tree stands have serial numbers but they might.

Its a law that the pawn shop turns in the serial numbers on items they take in to the police. If your stuff gets stolen, turn in the serial numbers and it will turn up if the thief takes it to a pawn shop.

Pawn shops do a lot of good catching criminals. They are not out to get your stolen items.

stik

doubledownranch said:
LSUtigers said:

You guys should save serial numbers off your items that you leave in the woods or think may get stolen and "Pawned" I don't know if tree stands have serial numbers but they might.

Its a law that the pawn shop turns in the serial numbers on items they take in to the police. If your stuff gets stolen, turn in the serial numbers and it will turn up if the thief takes it to a pawn shop.

Pawn shops do a lot of good catching criminals. They are not out to get your stolen items.

never seen a serial no. on a treestand but mine are marked.

Latest posts