Used Climbing Stands

Black Titan

Just curious, I'm in need of a climbing stand for archery season. Never used a stand before so not sure what I'm looking at. I've found a couple on marketplace but if I go check them out I'm not sure what to be looking for. Issues, problems, where to look for cracks or damage, etc.

I need a Goliath or Titan from summit, due to the weight limit. I'm a bigger fella. Found a Goliath on marketplace about an hour from me for only $200, description says "brand new never used, just took out of box" but then the profile looks a little suspicious, or I'm just overly cautious about marketplace/Craigslist.

BT

Mr.Bro

Take the $200, take a road trip, take a friend. Meet this guy and look at the stand. $200 Is a fair price for a Goliath. Look at all the welds. If there's cracking. Walk away. If the rubber around the cables is stripped that can be fixed for about $20. If the exposed knuckles are rusty $60 will get you new cables. Now it's not a fair price
If seat needs replacing another $40
At $200 in like New condition buy it

Black Titan

Take the $200, take a road trip, take a friend. Meet this guy and look at the stand. $200 Is a fair price for a Goliath. Look at all the welds. If there's cracking. Walk away. If the rubber around the cables is stripped that can be fixed for about $20. If the exposed knuckles are rusty $60 will get you new cables. Now it's not a fair price
If seat needs replacing another $40
At $200 in like New condition buy it

I guess I didn't move fast enough on this one. The listing is gone.

It wasn't a suspicious as in "I might get robbed" it was more of a "if I message this account I might get hacked" kind of thing. Super common name like ( John smith) not much seller history or marketplace rating, lives in a different state, etc.

Oh well. Live and learn I suppose. Theres a few others on there I may try and check out.

BT

Latest posts