Hazemore seat on a summit viper

FishnFed

I'm thinking of switching out the stock Summit Viper seat for the Hazemore. One concern is that I will sit too high to take advantage of the shooting rail on the Viper. Has anyone tried this? Thanks

bowhunterfanatic

You'll have to rest your elbow on the gun rest. You will sit up too high to put your rifle directly on it. That said I exclusively use the Hazmore seat on my Summits

TNhunter

I tried it and hunted one time with it. It indeed did sit too high and without the comfort of the backrest of the original seat the stand wouldn't rank any where near the best stand out. Save your money and skip it.

TheLBLman

Opinions vary greatly. I use the Hazmore seat more than I don't.

The great thing is you can put a Hazmore seat on your Summit,
and still be able to use the regular Summit seat(s).

Of course, you must remove the regular Summit seat(s) to use the Hazmore, but it's easy to install or remove the regular seats as preferred.

The big advantage of the Hazmore is it lessens weight, and makes packing/unpacking the climber quicker. It is not uncomfortable, just not as comfortable as the regular Summit seat(s).

If I plan to set up where 100-yd plus shot are most probable, I'll use the regular Summit seat, which allows for better use of the rail as a shooting rest. You will sit a little higher (relative to the rail) with the Hazmore.

Many Hazmore users install these seats too tautly. Try to have a little "sag" in it, and it will be more comfortable and sit a tad lower relative to the rail.

ScLowCountry

I'm thinking of switching out the stock Summit Viper seat for the Hazemore. One concern is that I will sit too high to take advantage of the shooting rail on the Viper. Has anyone tried this? Thanks
You should of read my post over the weekend. Yes, you s hit to high to use the rail effectively

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I have 2 summit vipers. 1 with standard seat (as comfortable as any recliner, and allows use of the rail for a shooting rest), and one with the Hazemore. I just ordered a second Hazemore to replace the standard seat due to the lighter weight and more compact form factor. Also quieter. My standard seat was interfering with quick setup and tear down of my stand with my new SOP backpack strap system, and the standard seat was starting to squeak. I hate to lose the recliner comfort of the standard seat, but am looking forward to the other advantages of the Hazemore

Latest posts