Can't find any good review on ebikes

holstonangler

They must all be a waste of money unless you hunt a golf coarse with no hills. Any good reviews from those that have used them any amount of time?

hoghunter65

I have never ridden one but have a buddy who owns 2 of them and loves them, he dosen't hunt he fishes and has used his on some long uphill grades, if I could afford one I'd like to have the Rambo E Bike.

XCR-2

I just bought my first one. It's an xtreme outdoor ebike. 1600w fat tire. The thing is a beast. Haven't used it for hunting yet but will this year. I think it's gonna be the ticket. Vernon Heil builds them to pretty much however you want it. He's out of Pennsylvania and is a top notch guy to deal with.

Methane

My neighbor was just showing me his new e bike the other day. He bought a himiway. I think his was about $1700. It's a pretty badass bike. They have a few different models. If I get one, I'm getting a himiway.

jlanecr500

I bought one last summer that has a 1000w hub motor. I hunted off it last year and it did a good job. It has hydraulic disc brakes and fat 20" tires on mag wheels. On hills, it required pedaling. My wife loves it.

At the same time, I bought a mongoose 26" fat tire bike. I converted the mechanical disc brakes to hydraulic, installed a Bafang BBSHD 52v 1500w mid drive and converted the rear hub to a single speed. After stripping the teeth off the rear sprockets and stretching the chain on its first trip around the neighborhood, I beefed up the drive line with a motorcycle chain and sprockets. I dont have any need for high speed so I geared it quite low. 36/44 It has a flat ground top speed of 12mph but don't let it fool you. This thing will run that speed in the woods too. It will lift the front wheel from a stop and I'm yet to pedal it at all. I've thought about adding a set of pegs to ride it like a motorcycle. I took it on some mountain bike trails over the weekend to see how it would handle. It really surprised me considering I'm a veteran dirtbiker. I even spun it around like I do my motorcycles when turning around on a tight trail.

david k.

I've posted several times before...my brother essentially built us e-bikes several years ago from scratch...he started with a fat bike frame and then bought all the parts to build a finished bike.

Nobody was making exactly what we wanted at the time so he decided to do it himself and he also "over-engineered" most everything on them...and I'm glad he did because they are bad to the bone.

They have 1000W Bafang mid-drive motors that he reprogrammed (pretty simple to do....) so that they will now go up to 1600W. Hills, mud, pulling deer out 3-4 miles on the cart, hauling my old, fat a## and my summit Viper around for the past 5 years....no problems whatsoever.

I weigh 225 and have pulled out 130-150 pound bucks no problem....a couple of times I've thrown 2 mature doe on the cart at the same time and off we go...no issues at all.

Here is the video he put on YouTube when he finished building the bikes....you can buy e-bikes now with the internal geared rear hub but nobody was building bikes with them 5 years ago.

big buck hunter

My neighbor was just showing me his new e bike the other day. He bought a himiway. I think his was about $1700. It's a pretty badass bike. They have a few different models. If I get one, I'm getting a himiway.
I have a Himiway and It is a great E Bike. Nice to use around the farm sneaking around both deer and turkey season. I rigged it with a Koplin Gun Boot attached to the frame and bike rack to carry a weapon. A lot better than using an ATV

david k.

I bought one last summer that has a 1000w hub motor. I hunted off it last year and it did a good job. It has hydraulic disc brakes and fat 20" tires on mag wheels. On hills, it required pedaling. My wife loves it.

At the same time, I bought a mongoose 26" fat tire bike. I converted the mechanical disc brakes to hydraulic, installed a Bafang BBSHD 52v 1500w mid drive and converted the rear hub to a single speed. After stripping the teeth off the rear sprockets and stretching the chain on its first trip around the neighborhood, I beefed up the drive line with a motorcycle chain and sprockets. I dont have any need for high speed so I geared it quite low. 36/44 It has a flat ground top speed of 12mph but don't let it fool you. This thing will run that speed in the woods too. It will lift the front wheel from a stop and I'm yet to pedal it at all. I've thought about adding a set of pegs to ride it like a motorcycle. I took it on some mountain bike trails over the weekend to see how it would handle. It really surprised me considering I'm a veteran dirtbiker. I even spun it around like I do my motorcycles when turning around on a tight trail.
Can you share more info on how you converted from the bicycle chain to the motorcycle chain? I'd like to do that to mine if possible. I've always felt that was the weakest link, besides the nylon drive gear in the Bafang...which I've never had to replace, thankfully!

Thanks,
David

jlanecr500

Can you share more info on how you converted from the bicycle chain to the motorcycle chain? I'd like to do that to mine if possible. I've always felt that was the weakest link, besides the nylon drive gear in the Bafang...which I've never had to replace, thankfully!

Thanks,
David
The chain I used is a #415. The inside width is 3/16" or .187". The bafang sprocket is .125" so this chain is a little looser but hasn't presented any issues so far. I bought it in 110 link sections so I had to add a piece from another one because mine is over 110 links. I also used a 1/2 link to get it close, then added an adjustable chain idler/tensioner that I made. The following links are for the chain, 1/2 links, and idler roller. You will need to fabricate a tensioner bracket that has a slot for the idler bolt to adjust chain slack.

YOU MAY BE ABLE TO USE YOUR CURRENT IDLER TENSIONER PROVIDED IT IS WIDE ENOUGH FOR THIS CHAIN.

CNCMOTOK 415H-110L Chain For 49cc 60cc 66cc 80cc 2-Stroke Engine Motor Motorized Bicycle Bike Heavy Duty Chain High Power Racing Parts https://a.co/d/0gPgSwS

BSHWKP 415 Chain Half Link and 415 Chain Link (Chain Locks) - Gas Motor Engine Kit for 49cc 66cc 80cc Gas Motorized Bicycle https://a.co/d/7VYDPI3

HURI 3 Pulley Chain Tensioner Roller for Motorized Bicycle Bike 49cc 60cc 66cc 80cc 2 Stroke Engine https://a.co/d/3XPHTG1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

david k.

The chain I used is a #415. The inside width is 3/16" or .187". The bafang sprocket is .125" so this chain is a little looser but hasn't presented any issues so far. I bought it in 110 link sections so I had to add a piece from another one because mine is over 110 links. I also used a 1/2 link to get it close, then added an adjustable chain idler/tensioner that I made. The following links are for the chain, 1/2 links, and idler roller. You will need to fabricate a tensioner bracket that has a slot for the idler bolt to adjust chain slack.

YOU MAY BE ABLE TO USE YOUR CURRENT IDLER TENSIONER PROVIDED IT IS WIDE ENOUGH FOR THIS CHAIN.

CNCMOTOK 415H-110L Chain For 49cc 60cc 66cc 80cc 2-Stroke Engine Motor Motorized Bicycle Bike Heavy Duty Chain High Power Racing Parts https://a.co/d/0gPgSwS

BSHWKP 415 Chain Half Link and 415 Chain Link (Chain Locks) - Gas Motor Engine Kit for 49cc 66cc 80cc Gas Motorized Bicycle https://a.co/d/7VYDPI3

HURI 3 Pulley Chain Tensioner Roller for Motorized Bicycle Bike 49cc 60cc 66cc 80cc 2 Stroke Engine https://a.co/d/3XPHTG1
Good deal, thanks. I'll do some research....I'm currently using a 30 tooth Mighty Mini from Luna Cycle on the front and a 26 tooth on the 3 speed IGH Sturmey Archer on the rear. I've been replacing the chain every year at the beginning of the year and 105 links is really tight at first but loosens up as the season wears on.
The mini is smaller in diameter than the Bafang case so I need to be sure I have enough clearance between the Mini and the Bafang...it could be really tight.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

jlanecr500

Good deal, thanks. I'll do some research....I'm currently using a 30 tooth Mighty Mini from Luna Cycle on the front and a 26 tooth on the 3 speed IGH Sturmey Archer on the rear. I've been replacing the chain every year at the beginning of the year and 105 links is really tight at first but loosens up as the season wears on.
The mini is smaller in diameter than the Bafang case so I need to be sure I have enough clearance between the Mini and the Bafang...it could be really tight.
The smallest front you can run with the wider chain is a 36T unless you shim the sprocket out.

Latest posts