Meigs Warden caught baiting

Antler Daddy

Here's how this one was handled. This officer is now at least a Captain. https://www.chattanoogan.com/2006/8/28/91745/TWRA-Officer-Disciplined.aspx
Well, that surprises me!

I have always found that officer to be friendly and level headed. He is high profile.

Being ethical is doing the right thing when nobody is watching.

However, it can be difficult to justify paying a high nonresident fee to simply hunt a day with family or friends.

Luckily, the TN native license helped me and my siblings. BUT, the same courtesy should be extended to rural nonresident landowners. When our kids turn 17, we will have issues. It is difficult to justify spending 100's of dollars to sit in the freezing woods for an annual morning deer hunt on family land that you own. WAKE UP TWRC

Last edited:

megalomaniac

A decade or so ago one of our state representatives was caught deer hunting over bait. It was so rampant in MS, the legislature just legalized it for deer after that.

Although still illegal for turkeys, it's crazy rampant here (and in TN). Surprisingly, this was the first year in the past several none of our birds in TN or MS had corn in them.

Most people are all about the kill and FB hero poses than the hunt itself. Too many deer hunters now hunting turkeys.

Hduke86

Just to be clear I wasn't insinuating that at all. Was thinking it was out there in the news world but now realize I was mistaken.
You're fine Gravey, I didn't think that at all. It's probably one of those things that you would have to personally go to Meigs county courthouse and ask for public records cause it's differently has been "hush hush" for sure. The thing that rubs me the wrong way is how many folks has this officer "busted" and the outcome was different.

Latest posts