Meigs Warden caught baiting

backyardtndeer

This thread has me completely lost. Lol
The member here who posted this thread about a game warden poaching has himself been arrested for poaching. Much like a democrat, he was pointing his finger at someone else when he was guilty of what he was accusing the warden of. And it just so happens the member here was or is also a politician holding office.

TboneD

The member here who posted this thread about a game warden poaching has himself been arrested for poaching. Much like a democrat, he was pointing his finger at someone else when he was guilty of what he was accusing the warden of. And it just so happens the member here was or is also a politician holding office.
I know the words aren't used as much nowadays but what you're referring to is hypocrisy or an obvious example of a hypocrite. Not pointing the finger for demonizing dems. You won't find me defending folks who support a party that defends killing babies. Just saying it's helpful to use the actual word that should disgust anyone, regardless of political views.

backyardtndeer

I know the words aren't used as much nowadays but what you're referring to is hypocrisy or an obvious example of a hypocrite. Not pointing the finger for demonizing dems. You won't find me defending folks who support a party that defends killing babies. Just saying it's helpful to use the actual word that should disgust anyone, regardless of political views.
Agree with you on calling it for what it is, my post from the other thread https://www.tndeer.com/threads/etowah-poaching.448114/page-2#post-5829925
Hypocrite. Glad he got caught. Really is funny that he was calling out a warden, and he himself at the time was possibly just as guilty.

Snake

killingtime 41

So TWRA "entrapped" him how? Tricking him into not wearing orange while he trespassed and poured out bait? How'd they get him to do it in front of his own camera?

Wouldn't it have been easier for TWRA to just ignore the case than to manufacture a case? And this was reported news- nobody cares about what happens on tndeer. That TWRA prosecuted one of "their own" should tell you what you need to know about the integrity of the vast majority of the employees there.
Sorry didn't realize you had all the information that we don't.cause I read the piece someone put on here and it says hunting on property he had no permission and not wearing orange. Nowhere did it say over bait. I'm not digging into it cause I really don't care that much. And what I stated nowhere did I say these are the facts. It was a presumption since the TWRA agent that this individual posted about couple years ago became not prosecuted or reprimanded but became captain for his troubles.

scn

Sorry didn't realize you had all the information that we don't.cause I read the piece someone put on here and it says hunting on property he had no permission and not wearing orange. Nowhere did it say over bait. I'm not digging into it cause I really don't care that much. And what I stated nowhere did I say these are the facts. It was a presumption since the TWRA agent that this individual posted about couple years ago became not prosecuted or reprimanded but became captain for his troubles.
I think you might want to double check some of your supposed "facts".

MickThompson

I read the article posted. That's all I basing my comments on. They had pics of him with bait on his own cam according to the article. How would TWRA fake that?

The guy made some poor decision apparently but I'm not going to celebrate that. He will have his day, pay his fines, and life goes on for all of us.

If TWRA wanted to bury the original violation, they very well could have. Instead they cited their employee and treated him like any other citizen.

Do we want every state trooper or deputy fired if they speed? Do we expect them to get "professional courtesy"? I think most of us land somewhere in between- we expect them to be treated the same as us- cited if violating. The wildlife officer got no courtesy.

readonly

If you are a CDL holder and get convicted of reckless driving, you're likely getting fired. Because if you can't do your one job well, you don't have any business holding that job. LEO's hold the public trust. If a game warden can't be trusted to abide by the game laws, he has no business enforcing them. What happens in court is a seperate issue. What his boss does is administrative, but likely has a larger baring on how the public perceives the issue as well as public trust in the organization.

utvolsfan77

Me too. He's gotta be one of two types. 1. The guy who goes around bragging how he'd write his own mother a ticket or 2. In it for some type of personal gain..........
True story. We actually had an MP like #1 at Fort Stewart, Georgia before I retired. He was so gung ho that he even wrote his wife a speeding ticket. I've always wondered how long he was in the doghouse after that, or how long it was until he was served with divorce papers.

Last edited:

Latest posts