Baiting Bill HB1618/SB1942

Should baiting be allowed on private land?

• Yes

Votes: 147 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 178 46.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 57 14.9%

• Total voters

backyardtndeer

Guessing that it doesn't apply to cwd unit. I know of some around me that already bait even with it being illegal. Don't know that it would make a difference for me as I would rather plant food plots.

tntrkkllr

Every one is so negative about this, is corn going to wipe the deer population out or something?? There's so much food naturally for deer to eat in Tennessee it's not Ike it's going to hurt anything. You can put corn out in Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky , Georgia abd Alabama so why not here? In my side of the state there's so much AG that it I don't think it would matter if you baited or not. Yeah I'm sure it'll help later in the season when food is slim but like this year there was so many acorns the deer hardly touched our green plots. I guess all those states that allow it don't have
" real hunters " and it's going to ruin Tennessee just like them. I guarantee every one on here has a neighbor that does it illegal now and you don't care. If it's legal and you don't want to do it then just don't simple as that. I know I won't bother with it if they make it legal.

Last edited:

MickThompson

Every one is so negative about this, is corn going to wipe the deer population out or something?? There's so much food naturally for deer to eat in Tennessee it's not Ike it's going to hurt anything. You can put corn out in Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky and Alabama so why not here? In my side of the state there's so much AG that it I don't think it would matter if you baited or not. Yeah I'm sure it'll help later in the season when food is slim but like this year there was so many acorns the deer hardly touched our green plots. I guess all those states that allow it don't have
" real hunters " and it's going to ruin Tennessee just like them. I guarantee every one on here has a neighbor that does it illegal now and you don't care. If it's legal and you don't want to do it then just don't simple as that. I know I won't bother with it if they make it legal.
You are asking the wrong question. The first question should be "how will this benefit the wildlife (not just deer) of Tennessee?"