Another "Pro" hunter caught

Buzzard Breath

bowhunterfanatic

How many times can a guy claim ignorance of the law before he's just labeled as ignorant?
If I was a betting man I'd bet he's not ignorant at all. I bet he knew the law but "gotta get that content baby".

rem270

If I was a betting man I'd bet he's not ignorant at all. I bet he knew the law but "gotta get that content baby".
Exactly. They need to hit them harder than in their pocket book. He is probably happy to pay $31,500 and then it all go away. Take their opportunity away to be able to hunt for an extended amount of time and they will start thinking before they do stupid stuff.

TheLBLman

How many times can a guy claim ignorance of the law before he's just labeled as ignorant?
After reviewing all the charges & what happened, I believe he was just young, naïve & ignorant about some things he did "wrong", but for maybe half of them, he knew he was violating the rules, but just thought he could get away with it.

IMO, he would have been given more "breaks" if there just hadn't been so many.
He was habitually breaking some significant rules/laws.

Ultimately, ignorance of the law is not a very good defense.

Antler Daddy

Sounds like he did brake the law.

However, if 3 folks go on a moose hunt and 3 buy moose tags, one buys a black bear tag and another buys a wolf tag. Then, I could care less if 2 kill a moose and then they also kill a wolf and a black bear. One guy gets lucky enough to kill all 3 species. One guy gets nothing. Thats just smart economics at work if they all agree and are happy with the experience.

No doubt that is exactly what I would probably do if I took myself and two kids to Alaska. Every dollar counts....:)

Let me have it. ;)

Latest posts