Baiting Bill HB1618/SB1942

Should baiting be allowed on private land?

• Yes

Votes: 147 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 178 46.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 57 14.9%

• Total voters

recurve60#

I remember as a kid back in the day at church camp, Fall Creek Falls to be exact…
A conversation between my dad and a Park Ranger discussing something similar to the above posts…
He said "if we didn't let the locals who live on the borders of this park hunt how and when they wanted, they'd burn this damn place to the ground"
That is a word for word quote from that fella that I've never forgotten.
He wasn't wrong.

FTP

Law Enforcement turns their heads every day to things they see happening that are illegal. You really think they can enforce everything?

knightrider

Law Enforcement turns their heads every day to things they see happening that are illegal. You really think they can enforce everything?
When they turn their back on the oath they swore to uphold , damn right they are in the wrong job! Picking and choosing which ones you enforce and which ones you dont is chicken 💩, illegal is illegal, and if you cant enforce them all find another job!

kaizen leader

When they turn their back on the oath they swore to uphold , damn right they are in the wrong job! Picking and choosing which ones you enforce and which ones you dont is chicken 💩, illegal is illegal, and if you cant enforce them all find another job!
Ever notice how the culture follows the top person? It's like that in companies and it is with this bazaar government. Pick and choose. Remember that when you vote.

BCR1985

Baiting shouldn't be banned. The hunter should have the freedom to decide how he/she wants to hunt, with or without bait. I have hunted both public and private land in states that allow baiting and states that have banned it. It does not have any legitimate impact. If you're hunting on a piece of land with only one apple tree that's dropping fruit and you decide to set up on it, you'd be hunting over bait. If you dropped a pile of apples under your stand, it'd be the same thing. Food plots and corn fields are the same. We are in Tennessee. This is a state known and loved for its freedoms (unlike other states). I'd embrace that mindset and allow hunters to have the freedom to choose what's best for themselves and not look to another government agency to hand down a decree from on high that we all must obey.

deerhunter10

Baiting shouldn't be banned. The hunter should have the freedom to decide how he/she wants to hunt, with or without bait. I have hunted both public and private land in states that allow baiting and states that have banned it. It does not have any legitimate impact. If you're hunting on a piece of land with only one apple tree that's dropping fruit and you decide to set up on it, you'd be hunting over bait. If you dropped a pile of apples under your stand, it'd be the same thing. Food plots and corn fields are the same. We are in Tennessee. This is a state known and loved for its freedoms (unlike other states). I'd embrace that mindset and allow hunters to have the freedom to choose what's best for themselves and not look to another government agency to hand down a decree from on high that we all must obey.
If that's the case then get rid of all bag limits and seasons. Really all laws. You have 37 pages to get caught up on.

BCR1985

T
If that's the case then get rid of all bag limits and seasons. Really all laws. You have 37 pages to get caught up on.
That is the case. But dishonest arguments like getting rid of all laws are counterproductive. Baiting is a tool, and hunters should be permitted to use it accordingly, just like calls or scents or camouflage, etc. I grew up in south Texas where baiting is standard operating procedure on both private and public. It does not have an impact on herd quality. I'd also point out that the CWD argument is a total red herring. CWD occurs naturally. The TWRA and other government agencies are just using that as an excuse to impose more regulations and restrictions on hunting.

deerhunter10

T

That is the case. But dishonest arguments like getting rid of all laws are counterproductive. Baiting is a tool, and hunters should be permitted to use it accordingly, just like calls or scents or camouflage, etc. I grew up in south Texas where baiting is standard operating procedure on both private and public. It does not have an impact on herd quality. I'd also point out that the CWD argument is a total red herring. CWD occurs naturally. The TWRA and other government agencies are just using that as an excuse to impose more regulations and restrictions on hunting.
Guns are a tool to.. so I should be able to use my rifle in bow season? I'm not concerned with cwd at all. South Texas has zero to do with tennessee. We can do this all night. Like I said you have a lot of pages to read through. It's all been discussed probably 3 or 4 times already. I honestly could careless about it for deer. My only concern is with turkeys. It's all there go read for an hour.