Meigs Warden caught baiting

Poleaxe

Been a while folks. Hope everybody is doing well. Had a fellow Warden that can't vent do the venting for him and educate everybody on this BS. Opening day of Juvi turkey season TWRA officer Chris Combs was caught by another officer hunting over a full corn feeder with his two sons, one of which had already harvested a bird and attempting with second. He was turned in by that officer and not one dang thing was done to him. They enforce, cite and fine the same laws they don't follow and can get away with it. Hope this spreads to actually force twra to take needed action. No this isn't gossip or I wouldn't feel the need coming back to educate.

JCDEERMAN

Needs to be brought to the TWRC in an open forum if true.
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

spoonie

It's my understanding that he's a sergeant with TWRA and was allowed to pay a fine to not have to appear in court.
I was awarded a baiting ticket a few years ago on a dove field i was unaware was baited. I believe it was around a $50 ticket but the court cost was $300 or so. I simply just went and paid the fines before my court date just like a speeding ticket. Sounds like the twra empoylee probably did the exact same.

Sako

I was awarded a baiting ticket a few years ago on a dove field i was unaware was baited. I believe it was around a $50 ticket but the court cost was $300 or so. I simply just went and paid the fines before my court date just like a speeding ticket. Sounds like the twra empoylee probably did the exact same.
He should be fired....

Planking

I had the same thing happen to me. We were invited to a dove field and none of us had a clue there were piles of corn on the far end of the field. We all got tickets and paid our fines. I don't know if it is supposed to be more for turkey or how that works. I don't think someone that knowingly hunts over bait should be enforcing game laws though.

Omega

I was charged for hunting over bait, when I wasn't even hunting at the time (long story I had deleted here). It cost me hundreds (I fought it), the loss of my rifle, and one year of hunting privileges. I will definitely be contacting TWRA for this, laws need to apply to all.

Headhunter

I was invited to a hunt. Large construction company. Large hunt. We go check in and find a place to hunt. My dad, my brother and myself. Didn't but a minute or 2 and I said, let's leave. Opening day of season. There were piles of corn and wheat, not spread buy piles. We had already set out chairs and cooler, and as we were loading up, here come the fellows, 3 trucks of TWRA officers. They pulled over asked to check our licenses and guns, you could 2 piles of corn and 1 pile of wheat. When they didn't say a word, I asked them how was this field legal? How could it be? They said don't worry, it everything is fine. Found out the construction company had done a good bit of work for the TWRA. We did not hunt, left and found another field and I made some phone calls, nothing happened as far as I know.

Snake

Why was he let off? Must be more to the story.
No not really I know on a Tennessee State Trooper caught stealing people's meds and not one thing done to him either except losing his job i think . They don't want the publicity so they just hush it up . Its not right to those that carry out such laws but are not subject to them.