WTB Looking for a tractor

Wanted to Buy

74MOPAR

I am looking for a tractor, preferably around 30hp , 4wd with front loader. Id like to find one around $10k. Every time I find one on marketplace it's gone before I can get there😀

BigCityBubba

Thats the thing about facebook marketplace. To get a god deal, you need to have cash on hand and be ready to go see it the moment its posted. Its not any different than it was buying off craigslist or even the olden days when you had to look in the local classifieds.

Team Browning

At that price, good luck. The fel piece runs that price up and getting into the 30hp range you are stepping up into the 30xx level Deere, etc. There's a premium for that extra power.. As you pointed out, cash in hand is big. If you look at some of the used dealers, you might have them be on the lookout.

TNTreeman

I love tractors , I have three of them from 50 hp, 70 hp, and 168 hp. You may have a hard time finding what your looking for especially this time of year for that price. Fall and winter are when I buy and you can find a deal . 4x4 , FEL, and the compact size are what everybody wants. Those 25-40 hp tractors are a hot commodity. Personally I'd stick with Deere or Kubota since your buying used. Some of the others are fine as long as you can get parts as mentioned above and can do some of the work yourself. You pay more for the name brands but you also always have the resale value if you take care of them. Hope you find what your looking for.

SSlater

Good luck. If you find one for 10k, I'm not sure I'd want it. It's going to be rougher than a Monday morning after a weekend with Hunter Biden.

74MOPAR

Yeah, I know it could be a tall order but not looking for a new one. I'm upgrading from a 1949 Ferguson so anything will be an upgrade. May look at 28hp or maybe even 2wd 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited: