Looks Like Canned Spann

Orion6

I don't take personal pleasure in his downfall, but he is likely done in this industry.

Some people want fame so bad they'll take any shortcut to get it. Without sponsors he can't have a show, and without a show no one in the industry will associate with him.

Hope it was worth it for 15 minutes of fame.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I do not know the man. I have several friends who do and they all say he is a great guy. He is also a felon and a poacher and in my opinion, a cheat. As I say, I do not know him, don't care to.

Some months ago I spoke with the president of one of the companies that sponsors him. He kept repeating, "If you knew him, you would know he would not knowingly break the law."

I finally replied, "You appear to be a nice, honest guy. But what you are saying is pure b.s. I have read the charges and the plea agreement. Don't urinate on my leg and tell me it is raining."

That, I believe, about sums it up.

Nealmeally

I know some guys that live and hunt close to Spook's TN property. They said he has been ran off their property several times over the years. This was going on way before he got "famous". Said he just couldn't stay on his side of the fence..

The Kansas thing wasn't an accident. He knew what he was doing.

MUP

Nealmeally said:
I know some guys that live and hunt close to Spook's TN property. They said he has been ran off their property several times over the years. This was going on way before he got "famous". Said he just couldn't stay on his side of the fence..

The Kansas thing wasn't an accident. He knew what he was doing.

I deal with that kind of thing constantly. He's lucky he hasn't been shot then if that's the case, imo.

landman

Mostly who he got falsely charged while being on a charity hunt for his church and he only set up a decoy...and then he rambles about how great a wildlife guy he is and what he has done to help
hunting. Crying to the only ones who will listen to him, people on the net who never meet him, groupies or cult followers...if you don't have it have someone let you on to see it

farmin68

landman said:
Mostly who he got falsely charged while being on a charity hunt for his church and he only set up a decoy...and then he rambles about how great a wildlife guy he is and what he has done to help
hunting. Crying to the only ones who will listen to him, people on the net who never meet him, groupies or cult followers...if you don't have it have someone let you on to see it

Looked for it and can't find it.

TNDeerGuy

farmin68 said:
landman said:

Looked for it and can't find it.

From Facebook

Hello, this is Spook Spann. I wanted to take a minute to express my extreme gratitude to all of the hunters, fans, sponsors, and industry professionals who have supported my family and I during some difficult times.

As you may have read, I was recently charged with a probation violation, as a result of setting out a turkey decoy for some friends to use during a charity hunt we held, to raise money for medical research, on behalf of a family from my church. This family has two little boys who have a terminal illness (Duchesne Muscular Dystrophy ) . I also sit on the board for the Duchesne Muscular Dystrophy Foundation.

I did not attempt to purchase a hunting tag, I did not carry a weapon, and I did not attempt to harvest any animals. I did wear camo, and I did set out a turkey decoy for the charity hunt previously mentioned. Per the State Statute of Tennessee, putting out the decoy is considered hunting. No one I know (including myself) has ever considered anything outside taking a weapon and trying to harvest an animal the act of hunting. I've learned that hunting is defined differently (and sometimes bizarrely) in every state. I should have hired counsel to review all the laws and advise accordingly. I strongly encourage fellow hunters, TV personalities, and those in the hunting industry to carefully read all the laws in each and every state before hunting. Whatever you do, do not go on the advice of outfitters or fellow hunters.

We made our case in court, with the help of multiple witnesses, who refuted the evidence and testimony presented by the prosecution. We left court feeling confident based on the evidence presented to the court supporting our position, but were surprised later when the judge gave his decision. This is a decision that cannot be appealed.

I respect the judge, and the job he has to do, but I simply do not agree with his decision. I made no attempt to hunt, or to violate any other hunting laws for that matter. I provided multiple witnesses who corroborated these facts. At no time did any hunter hunt over feed, see any feed, or even see turkeys act as if they were looking for feed. Each hunter testified to this, including Alex Rutledge, who is an expert on the behavior of turkeys.

It breaks my heart to think that I've brought any negativity to the industry. Outside of God and family, I've given my whole life to the improvement of wildlife - always giving back far more than I take. It has never been my intention to act as though I am, "above the law", God knows that, and the people in my life have shown me that they know it too. I never would have thought that putting out a decoy without a weapon would constitute the act of hunting. At the end of the day I take full responsibility for my actions as I should have been more aware of the state's definition of hunting.

I am simply overwhelmed by the show of support I've gotten, and I assure you, it has touched my heart, and the hearts of my wife and children. I will work tirelessly to find ways to better our sport, passion and industry as I manage through this.

Thank you all and God bless.

-Spook

Philippians 4:13

Nealmeally

He needs to read the hunting regulations!!! They also apply to him!! He is a joke in my opinion..

He set out a decoy to lure a turkey in for a kill.. That is hunting and there is nothing "bizarre" about it!..

Latest posts