If You Are Hunting Today

dr

NO, waiting on the winds, and temps to drop. looking good for this weekend.

little highriser

Not today but I will be tomorrow, Fri, Sat, maybe before worship service Sunday morning, and Mon, Tues, and Wed of next week for sure.

Poleaxe

I hunted and seen alot. All the bucks I seen were too small. Saw a buck chasing a doe but couldn't see how big he was. I don't pay any attention to the wind/rain. Some people try and judge deer movement by the moon, but I watch the barometer pressure. When it's - 29.7 or lower I can't tell you how good the hunting is. Even when the wind is blowing 50mph and raining. Find you a field edge and get ready.

JDS

I had a friend go in this morning. He kept telling me all week today was going to be good. His logic is/was that the does hate this weather and bed and the bucks travel to find them. Whether or not his logic is right or wrong, today it paid off. He didn't get any as they were too small for him except one and he said that was a huge one but too far of shot for his ML. All in all he said he saw 6-8 bucks with one small one walking within 10ft of his blind. He saw zero does. A couple of the ones he described to me I know I would have shot them but I am also not as selective as he is.

I've always heard hunt before and after the bad weather for best results but he saw some nice results for our area during the weather this morning. Kind of not sure now. I guess ultimately you aren't going to see anything or kill anything from the couch, or work.

bigtex

I went, sat for a couple of hours and after hearing a tree fall pretty close I got out of the stand and walked around a bit. Glad I did, killed a little 8 point that wasn't afraid of the wind and was cruising around.

megalomaniac

Saw 15 this morn in the first 45 min of legal shooting time. Best was a 17in 8 ptr, but only 3.5.

This eve, already had a doe step out of the woods and go to a pond in a field, drink for 2 min, then go back into the woods. There's an inch of standing water everywhere... deer are strange creatures

psubuzz

I went out this morning for a little bit once it got light oht to check out a new public area. Saw 2 does and a lot of fresh buck sign. Figured today was a good day to walk around and scout a new area, nobody else was out there to interrupt their hunt. I'll get back out in the AM. By the way, speaking of public hunting areas. During my walk about I came across a lock on stand with climbing sticks strapped to the tree. Im not one to mess with another man's gear, and I'm new to TN, just moved here last month. But is attaching a stand to a tree and leaving it there allowed on public land? I thought it was climbers only but I'm new. It's TVA area if that makes any difference. And I will reiterate, I'm not planning on taking anyones gear, just trying to learn the laws

catman529

Sitting in field behind house under a cedar, just to see if anything shows up before dark. No rain, clouds are clearing and sun is setting. Figured I probably won't see a good buck but I definitely won't if I stay inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk