If you had a choice

DoubleRidge

There are certain non-typicals that are very impressive and cool to look at then there are those that have the inches but just dont have that wow factor.
But all giant typical main frame 10, 12 or 14 point bucks are extremely impressive and rare....super long main beams, tall tines, big and wide frame with super mass....yeah, if I had the choice I'd pick typical.
(but I'd welcome a big freak non-typical as well :))

DMD

A typical non-typical for me. I would love one that was typical with just two symmetrical drop tine thrown in. I know, I'm picky, but if we are dreaming why not dream big.
Yea...my dream buck would have drop tines. I've only had one, that I know of on properties I've hunted. Had one that had one drop tine on a property I was hunting in Roane County. Hunted him hard all season. Toward the end of the season I was tired and bored of sitting the same place. I hadn't seen him once. I put a buddy of mine in the stand and went somewhere else and hunted. Well....he saw the buck. He got nervous and didn't shoot, even though he had two opportunities. That was the best buck I've ever had on camera. Probably at least 150" that year. He probably lived another year anyway. I lost the property after that year, so I'll never know for sure. Man, that ones that got away sure hurt. LOL.

hammer33

If I broke the state record, I probably wouldn't tell anyone. Can you imagine the jokers you would have to deal with poaching? That said, I like the weird racks.

Ski

Typical. I love weird junky racks but there's just something about the majesty of a world class typical that everybody immediately recognizes is the king of the woods. I blame the movie Bambi. I want to kill Bambi's dad lol.

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
I absolutely love big typicals! Non typicals are cool just not one for the funky junk really. I would not hesitate to shoot a non typical though!

Latest posts