Are you ready?

TN Larry

No hunting for me as I'm still recovering from hip surgery but close to being able to be out there. I probably wouldn't hunt anyways as for whatever reason I haven't bow hunted much the last few years. When the temps turn cooler, it may be a different story.

Now for my son, he's ready and has an itchy trigger finger. Does and good bucks beware, lol.

Snake

No hunting for me as I'm still recovering from hip surgery but close to being able to be out there. I probably wouldn't hunt anyways as for whatever reason I haven't bow hunted much the last few years. When the temps turn cooler, it may be a different story.

Now for my son, he's ready and has an itchy trigger finger. Does and good bucks beware, lol.
Your youngens kill enough for you all 😉

Snake

No where near ready , just don't have the fever yet . Tried to go to the new lease Saturday to help do a little work and get a look at the place but had what I thought was trailer trouble . Had the SxS loaded headed that way and stopped a little ways to check make sure everything was OK as I was heading over 200 miles but thought the trailer tire was a hotter than it should be . Turned around sure didn't want to be broke down that far away . Got a couple decent places here plus my property so may get some if not this weekend next week hopefully. Just not excited feel my hunting days are dwindling down .

C1295

No where near ready , just don't have the fever yet . Tried to go to the new lease Saturday to help do a little work and get a look at the place but had what I thought was trailer trouble . Had the SxS loaded headed that way and stopped a little ways to check make sure everything was OK as I was heading over 200 miles but thought the trailer tire was a hotter than it should be . Turned around sure didn't want to be broke down that far away . Got a couple decent places here plus my property so may get some if not this weekend next week hopefully. Just not excited feel my hunting days are dwindling down .
Snake your still 10' tall and bullet proof! Hope you get you a big one Brother!

Last edited:

Buzzard Breath

I'm waiting for a nice cold front to move through. I'm conserving freezer space for the time being and don't really have the space to be shooting a bunch of does right now.

As for being ready, my climber and safety harness are in a walk-up storage space in my attic, I shoot my bow year round, there's 6 broadhead tipped and tuned arrows in my quiver, and a kill kit is in my car from squirrel hunting. I could probably be out the door to deer hunt in 10 minutes any day of the year.

C1295

Nothing yet. Could have killed some does but the total bucks I've seen would have been about 25'' combined lol. I've only hunted 7 times so far. Seen 8 does and 5 bucks. September is usually about like this for me. October it starts heating up though.
My freezers empty I would have took a doe. 🤣

killingtime 41

I'm not fired up yet. I plan on going but not as excited about it like I was 25 years ago. But once I hit an early morning hunt I'm always glad I went and then that usually gets the fire smoldering till muzzleloader. That's when the flames begin to grow. Then by gun it's on.

Ski

I'm supposed to be in Ohio this weekend but I've got a beech tree here in TN that's heating up last couple days. Might be better off staying here to hunt!

8pt 20sep23.JPG

Does 19sep23.JPG

10pt 19sep23 (2).JPG

Latest posts