Are you ready?

C1295

Time for the longest week of the year for me. šŸ¤£ Even though I haven't had the opportunity to kill in 2 years still enjoy it. Hopefully these year I will get one. Going from all private land my whole life to public has been a struggle. šŸ˜… But Hey at least I still am able to be in the woods!

Ski

My bow is ready. I'm sharp with it so I am ready. Everything else falls in behind that. Got several public spots I'm gona check out. I'll probably ruin some folks' hunts by hunting squirrels with my bow so if you see me please don't shoot. I'm just the village idiot doing idiot things šŸ¤Ŗ

C1295

My bow is ready. I'm sharp with it so I am ready. Everything else falls in behind that. Got several public spots I'm gona check out. I'll probably ruin some folks' hunts by hunting squirrels with my bow so if you see me please don't shoot. I'm just the village idiot doing idiot things šŸ¤Ŗ
squirrel with Bow??? Dang Robin Hood!

Ski

squirrel with Bow??? Dang Robin Hood!

Not hardly Robin Hood šŸ˜‚ I have to be close and they have to be on the ground. I can shoot pretty darn ok but I've flat missed squirrels at 15yds before. Won't even try at 20yds. Doesn't matter how accurate you are. Deer jumping the string ain't got nothing on those little acrobats. It's good practice getting close and picking a spot while aiming.

I like squirrel hunting because it forces me to move real slow and quiet, and hit all the nut trees. I get to take my time scouting and usually have enough squirrels at the end of the day to make a pot of dumplings or fry up with some gravy & biscuits. I keep two arrows with broad heads just in case because I do see a lot of deer.

C1295

Not hardly Robin Hood šŸ˜‚ I have to be close and they have to be on the ground. I can shoot pretty darn ok but I've flat missed squirrels at 15yds before. Won't even try at 20yds. Doesn't matter how accurate you are. Deer jumping the string ain't got nothing on those little acrobats. It's good practice getting close and picking a spot while aiming.

I like squirrel hunting because it forces me to move real slow and quiet, and hit all the nut trees. I get to take my time scouting and usually have enough squirrels at the end of the day to make a pot of dumplings or fry up with some gravy & biscuits. I keep two arrows with broad heads just in case because I do see a lot of deer.
I use squirrel hunting to scout as well. BUT there aint no way I am hitting one those suckers with a bow! I am impressed at 15 yards.

hoghunter65

My first hunt won't be until the third week in October, but I'm getting ready, all the guns have been cleaned, sling swivels installed, going to the range in a few days to make sure everything is still sighted in, just bought a new game cart that needs to be put together, knifes sharpened, just ordered AAA and AA batteries for lanterns and flashlights, still a lot to do.

UTGrad

Yes sir this was the last step lol

IMG_7936.jpeg

kaizen leader

Time for the longest week of the year for me. šŸ¤£ Even though I haven't had the opportunity to kill in 2 years still enjoy it. Hopefully these year I will get one. Going from all private land my whole life to public has been a struggle. šŸ˜… But Hey at least I still am able to be in the woods!
Good luck.

JeepKuntry

Just gotta shoot the xbow again to make sure things are good. Wanted to use the compound this year but work has been so hectic that I setup the xbow a month ago. Just gonna make certain nothing has changed. The disappointing part for me was the public I hunt didn't have good acorns down. I'm sure there somewhere, but after covering group for close to 3 hours I didn't find it.

Stalkhunter

Good luck opening day of bow, I don't normally bow hunt till 2nd weekend of October if I go at all lol. Like BSK said Muzzle load is normally my opener.

This year might be a tad different, need meat lol boys are eating my meat up from last year lol

Latest posts