Fiocchi 20ga TSS

Andy S.

1 5/8 oz TSS #9s (18 g/cc) = 588 pellets

1 3/8 oz TSS #9s (18 g/cc) - 498 pellets

Old school 12G 2 oz 3.5" lead #4s that many of us killed turkeys with for years = 272 pellets, with tons more recoil

BLUF: I would not be the least bit scared of the Fiocchi 1 3/8 oz TSS turkey shells. Just pattern them at 40 yards and go hunting. If you don't kill one, it's not because of the 498 TSS #9 pellets that you sent downrange at 1,225 fps.

Last edited:

Bgoodman30

Well just for đź’© and giggles I just remembered that I killed my last eastern with a pretty decent little poke through the timber with a Fiocchi golden pheasant load..

Dropped dead in its tracks.. I had no idea until I got home and pulled the hull out of my pocket. I must of accidentally dropped the shell in a box of Apex when I was patterning because that's what I use to adjust POI.. I think I might try these shells after all..

TheLBLman

there is no such thing as to much payload in a turkey load for me lol. If I can fire 4000 pellets downrange I would haha. Thats just me though, the line is not payload amounts its cost efficiency. At some point the cost vs payoff is where I put the line personally.
I understand your thoughts.

But having shot some of those 2 1/2 oz 12 ga loads,
at some point the payload vs. recoil
is where I put the line personally :cool:

I just no longer have the desire to break my shoulder, or feel like it's broken,
to gain a few yards, when I'd really prefer to just kill them up close & personal.

Last edited:

TheLBLman

I killed my last eastern with a pretty decent little poke through the timber with a Fiocchi golden pheasant load.

Regardless of brand, when you see the words "pheasant load", you're probably talking a hyper-velocity shotshell!

I also bought some of those Fiocchi Golden Pheasant loads in #5 Nickel-Plated Lead. If I'm thinking correctly, the muzzle velocity is over 1500 fps! And, nickel is harder than copper, making them a heck of a long-range load for fast-moving game like pheasants.

I only wish they were legal for waterfowl!

But, when I patterned them, the patterns were very wild & inconsistent, which is less of an issue with fast-moving pheasants. Rule of thumb: The slower the velocity, the tighter and more uniform the patterns.

I've been using the Golden Pheasant loads for squirrels.
They are a heck of a squirrel load.

REN

I understand your thoughts.

But having shot some of those 2 1/2 oz 12 ga loads,
at some point the payload vs. recoil
is where I put the line personally :cool:

I just no longer have the desire to break my shoulder, or feel like it's broken,
to gain a few yards, when I'd really prefer to just kill them up close & personal.

haha yes but I should have been more clear in I was meaning sub gauges only. Once you get to 12 gauge that again is where cost vs effectiveness gets off for me personally. So many other cheaper options for 12 gauge, again in my opinion

Bgoodman30

Regardless of brand, when you see the words "pheasant load", you're probably talking a hyper-velocity shotshell!

I also bought some of those Fiocchi Golden Pheasant loads in #5 Nickel-Plated Lead. If I'm thinking correctly, the muzzle velocity is over 1500 fps! And, nickel is harder than copper, making them a heck of a long-range load for fast-moving game like pheasants.

I only wish they were legal for waterfowl!

But, when I patterned them, the patterns were very wild & inconsistent, which is less of an issue with fast-moving pheasants. Rule of thumb: The slower the velocity, the tighter and more uniform the patterns.

I've been using the Golden Pheasant loads for squirrels.
They are a heck of a squirrel load.

Yeah so I looked and its 1 1/4 oz 1200 fps. Fiocchi definitely runs a little hot and a little less payload even though I have seen them make some good speeds with more payload. Like their 12 ga waterfowl which is 1 1/5 oz at 1550 fps while most manufacturers are at 1 1/8 oz for that speed.

Regardless I have had great luck with all their shotshells and think their TSS loads will be no different. They cycle the best out of my Benelli as well.

Latest posts