20 gauge tss

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
There is zero doubt that the TSS makes for great loads. I am sitting here looking at 8-10 boxes sitting on a bookshelf across from my computer. I will be loaded up with it in April if I am blessed with another turkey season.

However, some of the hype is preposterous.
Some of the hype is true.... BUT it isn't ethical... I have made one shot that I'm not proud of and it was successful. Just because I can kill at ranges beyond the norm doesn't mean I should try it.
But for the life of me, I dont understand why you would shoot it if it wasnt the best option

Soft Talker

410 at lasered 40 yards. Like I've said take that 12 gauge #4 and shoot it at 40 . Unless you have a special gun, that 410 will be right there with it pattern wise and kill at 50. It's not a question "if" it will. It's a known fact at this point and not a fluke. Most people load 9.5 or #10s in 410 shells. This load is #9 @ around 1100fps
That pattern sucks bro. All them tiny 9's and I see one hit center mass on neckbone above the feathers. A few clipped close, but likely would never touch bone. Not one friggin pellet in the head or brain. And you are going to kill consistently out to 50. You've obviously got your head up your a##, along with anyone else who would shoot at a Gobbler past 40yrds, with any shotgun load.

TheLBLman

I got all my recipes from Hal and Tommy and I can assure you they wasnt throwing money at advertising.
Don't pay no never mind to ole SCN. He's turned into an old Curmudgeon over the past year or so. The sucker has all but quit deer hunting, just hangs out at camp, and talks about wishing he was fishing. I'd say he'll go turkey hunting a time or two, then be complaining he should have been fishing.

We used to have Bowriter as our resident "Curmudgeon".
Now we have SCN 😄

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
That pattern sucks bro. All them tiny 9's and I see one hit center mass on neckbone above the feathers. A few clipped close, but likely would never touch bone. Not one friggin pellet in the head or brain. And you are going to kill consistently out to 50. You've obviously got your head up your a##, along with anyone else who would shoot at a Gobbler past 40yrds, with any shotgun load.
BRO>>>>>Who let this old fart out of the house. Thats a 80percent pattern retention in a 10 inch circle. Tell me your clueless about turkey loads and hunting without telling me. Freaking idiot
That very shot would put a turkey stone dead at 40 yards. it would Dang near cut his head off

Last edited:

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
Don't pay no never mind to ole SCN. He's turned into an old Curmudgeon over the past year or so. The sucker has all but quit deer hunting, just hangs out at camp, and talks about wishing he was fishing. I'd say he'll go turkey hunting a time or two, then be complaining he should have been fishing.

Now we have SCN 😄
I felt like he was semi trolling and I dont mean for fish LOL. But I hear this from so many people. I usually have a couple people every season switch to tss because they try it and then put it to work on birds.

scn

Now we have SCN 😄
I'm feeling more like Bowriter every day.

I seriously doubt that you will EVER hear me talking about fishing over turkey hunting unless there are no gobbles in the morning. I don't get much out of playing with shut mouth birds and question my sanity for being out there with the ticks. But, I don't remember fishing any the last 20 yrs as long as I had a turkey to chase.

Update: After typing that, I realized that this is the year we have cicadas. It will lead to the best fishing in MidTN that we will have until the next major hatch. By the last week in May it should be on like Donkeykong. I suspect I will be putting up the 20 ga and grabbing a fly rod by then.

Last edited:

Rockhound

Some people on this thread believe that wound channel on a turkey has as much to do with killing turkeys as anything. Some people with all their "research" have never considered the fact that killing turkeys has 100% to do with crippling the CNS and absolutely nothing to do with wound channels, and pellet expansion. Some people on this thread will not even start to conceive the notion that more bone crushing hits in the CNS is deadlier than less pellets with more deformation. They try entirely to hard to relate lead pellets to the same effect as deer bullets and there purpose. They will get their feelings hurt when you disagree as well. I will say and it's 100% proven fact that 30 pellets in the area of the CNS that are capable of crushing bone and continuing on the path are and will always be deadlier, with a higher success rate than 7 or 8 pellets that mushroom in the same area. We aren't following blood trails here, 99% of the time he either flops or he doesnt.

Soft Talker

BRO>>>>>Who let this DA out of the house. Thats a 80percent pattern retention in a 10 inch circle. Tell me your clueless about turkey loads and hunting without telling me. Freaking idiot
80% where, in the breast and feathers, either side of neck bone. Better than an 80% chance that turkey is crippled up with that shot. To brag about a pattern with 1, maybe 2 possible pellets hitting bone or brain above the wattles tells me all I need to know about you as a Turkey hunter bud.

bowhunterfanatic

BRO>>>>>Who let this old fart out of the house. Thats a 80percent pattern retention in a 10 inch circle. Tell me your clueless about turkey loads and hunting without telling me. Freaking idiot
That very shot would put a turkey stone dead at 40 yards. it would Dang near cut his head off
He won't even hunt a turkey before 9 other men, I mean googans, have tried to kill it. He's so good he calls them to 8 steps and shoots them with a slingshot. And if you aren't on his level, well, clearly you aren't a man. And you dang sure don't know anything about patterning a shotgun or shells…

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
80% where, in the breast and feathers, either side of neck bone. Better than an 80% chance that turkey is crippled up with that shot. To brag about a pattern with 1, maybe 2 possible pellets hitting bone or brain above the wattles tells me all I need to know about you as a Turkey hunter bud.
Are you that ignorant??? ITs a pattern... POI is different than POA. Move that red dot up and get the pattern on his eyeball if that's where to want it. You need to quit now before make sure that everyone is aware of your ignorance here. Next time I will shoot it on a blank piece of paper so your not so infatuated with a picture of a turkey.. That's got to be the most foolish reply trying to justify why a pattern isn't good and in doing so prove your ignorance on the subject.
Dang... the gobment should've worked harder to keep some people off the internet.

Last edited:

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
He won't even hunt a turkey before 9 other men, I mean googans, have tried to kill it. He's so good he calls them to 8 steps and shoots them with a slingshot. And if you aren't on his level, well, clearly you aren't a man. And you dang sure don't know anything about patterning a shotgun or shells…
I take it you've dealt with this guy before... HAS to be a troll account ... but i will feed that troll. LOL

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
All you need to know about me as a turkey hunter is that several turkeys will die in front of me every season usually within the first 2 weeks. I'm not gonna get into a ball dragging contest on here because I imagine you probably are lacking what it takes to even enter the race!

Soft Talker

The pellets mushrooming are direct result of the pellet absorbing the energy

Are you that ignorant??? ITs a pattern... POI is different than POA. Move that red dot up and get the pattern on his eyeball if that's where to want it. You need to quit now before make sure that everyone is aware of your ignorance here. Next time I will shoot it on a blank piece of paper so your not so infatuated with a picture of a turkey.. That's got to be the most foolish reply trying to justify why a pattern isn't good and in doing so prove your ignorance on the subject.
Dang... the gobment should've worked harder to keep some people off the internet.
Stick to killing "paper" bro, at least you can't cripple one up that way. I'm out ;)

Bgoodman30

IMG_3368.jpeg
Look at this terrible 410 pattern see none in the brain! lol To be fair this is 20 yards

david k.

I had good luck with 3" 1 5/8 ounce 20 gauge loads from Apex but they are always out of stock and have gone up to about $58 plus shipping and tax.

I recently bought 3 boxes from a guy on FB...his name is Aaron Satterfield, he is from Ohio I believe. His company name is Satties, LLC or you can find him by searching Satties Fatties on FB. 3 boxes of 3" 1 5/8 ounce TSS #9 for $130.00 to my door. They look, shoot and pattern perfectly.

Bgoodman30

I had good luck with 3" 1 5/8 ounce 20 gauge loads from Apex but they are always out of stock and have gone up to about $58 plus shipping and tax.

I recently bought 3 boxes from a guy on FB...his name is Aaron Satterfield, he is from Ohio I believe. His company name is Satties, LLC or you can find him by searching Satties Fatties on FB. 3 boxes of 3" 1 5/8 ounce TSS #9 for $130.00 to my door. They look, shoot and pattern perfectly.
Nice how do they compare to apex? Same , better worse?

Latest posts