299.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_9184.jpeg
    IMG_9184.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0928.jpeg
    IMG_0928.jpeg
    535.6 KB · Views: 213

Ski

Have always said "if you got a good place to hunt you need to start looking for another."
Good luck in your search.

Sage advice right there.

OP, sorry to hear your bad news. Hunting ground like that is something most hunters never experience, only dream about. Looks like you have some great memories and no doubt stories to tell.

SinningSaint33

That sucks, man. Awesome deer and great memories I'm sure. I'll be joining you in that boat soon. I started with around 600 acres several years ago. I'm down to roughly 65 acres now. 30 of that has to be hunted with bow only because of new houses coming in constantly. Owner has been selling a parcel at a time the past few years.

kaizen leader

I still think about the 800 acres I had a lease on but lost it a few years ago. Someone came by and gave $30,000 a year for it and we were out. It was fantastic and close. It had everything. Now I mainly hunt WMA and sneak a little in my neighborhood with the crossbow. I'm just worried a deer will go and die in front of someone's house.
Where can I hit one to drop it where it stands with a crossbow? We have way to many deer here and already five fawns.

backyardtndeer

Man that's a shame. Wish I was in a position to buy another chunk of land. Have new folks around us sitting on our lines on the two most prime sides. Sucks to put in years of work only to have others come in, who don't own the land and have some nothing to improve it, kill the deer you had been watching and waiting for the perfect time to hunt.

buckbstr_1

Yes it does and I hate that for you. I lost a piece of Madison county property that held some great bucks just outside the city limit. Just be thankful for the memories.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Hard to believe you could keep them fenced in with that short of a fence.:)

I know it sucks. That is a lot of meat. I hope you find another good spot.