Missed by an inch...

Tenntrapper

....or so.🙄
No, I didn't do this. I've had this little buck on cam all season. Haven't hunted here in a few weeks. Pulled cams and took down blind today. I was looking through the pics and found this.

IMG_20240105_124137.jpg

BSK

Thats awful and is the product of people on shooting just a few times per yr, not sighting their guns in properly and only shooting at deer. And as more and more people live in the burbs, and invade the countryside on the weekends it will only get more common.
I think there can be more to it than that. I lot of hunters (like myself with a bow) experience target panic. They may be able to shoot the eyes out of a target all day but put a live moving buck in front of them and they panic. This can lead to all sorts of bad shooting form.

tickweed

Thats awful and is the product of people on shooting just a few times per yr, not sighting their guns in properly and only shooting at deer. And as more and more people live in the burbs, and invade the countryside on the weekends it will only get more common.
Now, in fairness, there are many things that may have happend. If a person hunts very much at all, sooner, later we all make a bad shot. It just happens.

mike243

What part of tennessee are u in? I cant imagine that deer being a shooter unless they thought it was a doe.
In this part of the real world we don't have 100 deer in our backyard and cant pick our grocery's, we have to take what's offered or eat tag soup, looks like I will have a bowl full this season but that's ok.

Tenntrapper

In this part of the real world we don't have 100 deer in our backyard and cant pick our grocery's, we have to take what's offered or eat tag soup, looks like I will have a bowl full this season but that's ok.
Same here. For the first time in a couple decades....I'm eating tag soup.
Also agree on there not being opportunities on this end of state like there is on the west side. Sure, there are some nice deer taken here occasionally, but those deer are few and far between.

mike243

I shot 2 doe and passed a couple of spikes, 1 of them might have been a 3 pt but that's ok, no pressure to shot something, hopefully I will hunt again next season. have shot plenty of spikes before but prefer something 2.5 or older, that's hard to find some years.

redblood

What is not a shooter to you, is a shooter to a lot of people no matter where they are.
That was my point, i was considering that the injury might not been made from a rifle
Or bow, but possibly by another means . In my area, that deer would likely not deemed a shooter by virtually any hunter due to its young age

Latest posts