Climbing Tree Stands

gil1

I checked out the website and am seriously looking at them. Only thing I wonder about is the hammock mesh style seat. I've never tried one, but do you guys like the way that seat feels.

BoonerBucks

I love it. It's very comfortable even without the hammock. It only takes about a minute or less to put up when you get to your desired height. Plus, it puts you laid back and facing the tree, which I like alot. I'm not trying to sell you guys this treestand, but I highly advise trying one out because I think you will like it alot!

volsgo1

Another 17.00 option i added was a second mesh seat. They install it at the factory and only use half a seat. This allows you to swap hunting position while at your hunting height without having to step acroos the seat at 20 ft in the air. You can face the tree while hunting or turn and face away from the tree without in acrabatics high in the tree.

This stand bights a tree like no other one Ive ever been in. I am a 3oolber and I hunted in a pine thicket last year on that soft wood and scly bark and never once came close to feeling unsafe.

Buy it you wont regret it.

Model70Man

Winchester said:
camoman270 said:
Go to the website for "equalizer" treestands and see one with a worm gear for leveling on the tree and you will skip all of the other mentions on here....It will be my next stand as i saw them last year at the birmingham ala deer expo...
Freakin Awesome!!!
I have a buddy that owns a equalizer, he says they are not all their cracked up to be. Heavy, doesnt climb well, and noisy are his complaints.

I have the Equalizer and I must say they are sweet climbing stands. Mine is 20 pounds (according to my fishing scale) with the shooting rest on it and climbs very well. Noise....what noise? It is very quiet. Your buddy must have the early version. Mine is 2 years old and won't trade it for anything.

BZ911

Model70Man said:
Winchester said:
camoman270 said:
Go to the website for "equalizer" treestands and see one with a worm gear for leveling on the tree and you will skip all of the other mentions on here....It will be my next stand as i saw them last year at the birmingham ala deer expo...
Freakin Awesome!!!
I have a buddy that owns a equalizer, he says they are not all their cracked up to be. Heavy, doesnt climb well, and noisy are his complaints.

I have the Equalizer and I must say they are sweet climbing stands. Mine is 20 pounds (according to my fishing scale) with the shooting rest on it and climbs very well. Noise....what noise? It is very quiet. Your buddy must have the early version. Mine is 2 years old and won't trade it for anything.

I own an equilizer too. great stand. I wish they made a big man/goliath style version. it hits me in the knees.

warrior

API Grand Slam for a cofortable all-day hunt. They are a bit heavier but they are very sturdy and comfortable, which to me makes all the difference.

Timberdoodle

I have a goliath and had a viper, which got stolen several years ago. I also have a sit & climb lone wolf. I love the lone wolf products for archery. They are quiet and solid stands as well as well thought thru. I do not like it for crossbow or rifle because the part you sit on is not a good solid rest. it does not lock into position.

I love my summitt stands for rifle hunting and have not found anything that i would trade them for.

I am bad to try new things and have gone thru more equipment than a average person would in a lifetime. I am currently thinking about trying the new turn around stand by summitt, I think it is the 180.I like the idea of making the most of the surrounding cover and being able to face either direction is just one more trick i would like to be able to pull out of my hat if needed.

Has anyone tried the 180?

Latest posts