Climbing Tree Stands

DTG

Api G.S. Shooting star,super star???? sit/climb with footrest/shooting rail,,,,,, have lone wolf sit/climb and prob the most uncomfortable stand ever been in, 2 hrs max and wore out but with api cant stay awake

DTG

There is only 4.5 lbs diffrence in the lone wolf and api so ill pack 5 lbs extra and take comfort every time. What can i get for my lone wolf???????

Hawk

DTG said:
There is only 4.5 lbs diffrence in the lone wolf and api so ill pack 5 lbs extra and take comfort every time. What can i get for my lone wolf???????

I will give $50 for it if you throw in a comfortable cushion. Might even consider it without cushion.

Boone 58

Summit is my choice but if you are interested in a much cheaper imitation i rec. the ones Dicks sports sells. I have a couple of them in "aluminum". They usually retail around 179 or so but they run them on ad for about 149. You cant beat em for the price. With some modifications you have a stand that can be taken off of your back, unpacked and on the tree and you can be up the tree and settled all in the span of 5 minutes, believe me i am a fanatic about getting to the tree and up it in a minimum amount of time. Awesome!

TN RDG RNR

according to your body size at 6"+ 225+lbs i would go ahead and spend a couple extra $'s and get a summit GOLIATH. i have wide shoulders and there is a couple extra inches between arm rest much more comfortable. you wont be disappointed if you buy summit.

gil1

Man, that looks really cool! Comfort is a high priority for me, and that one looks cozy. Only thing I didn't like is that the frame looks like it's painted white or off-white. Might just be the pic., though.

Poor redneck

It is not painted, you have to paint it yourself, a couple of cans of spray paint and about fifteen minutes, that way you can choose colors and designs.I just use brown and green with no rythem.

Selveege

I currently use, and so do two of my buddies, the Alpha Sit and Climb. It is a great, light treestand. Very quiet, ultra-compact and a nice set-up. One great feature is the ability to tighten/lock the climber half to the base, using the supplied strap system. The built in bow holder is a great feature, too.

Like with any treestand, you have to get it dialed in and rigged for you. The one complaint we all had was the thin seat - the supporting straps would dig into you thighs and a_ _! So, we replaced them with a thicker seat and it elimanted the only problem I had with the stand.

I also have a Summit Bullet Backpacker - very nice stand and safe. Not near as quiet though, and it does have the upper climbing wrap around bar which makes bowhunting tougher. It is comfortable and you can't go wrong with either company.

Latest posts