Climbing Tree Stands

Choclabman

I am in the market for a new climber. The three I have narrowed it down to are
A. Summit Viper
B. API Grand Slam Extreme
3. Lone Wolf Alpha Sit and Climb

These three are the ones that were the most comfortable, when I tried them at the store.

I would like to get your opinions, which one you prefer in the field.
I am looking for one that is easy to use, stable(sitting and standing), and comfortable for all day hunting.

Thanks

BZ911

I have owned all three of the stands you listed. each one worked well. Api was too heavy.it was very stable once locked on a tree. the lone wolf was light. the belt would roll up on the barkin the back as you climb up . summit is the best so far. the only improvement on my summit would to make it adjustable to the tapper of the tree as you climb. I tried a timbertall. it is light. the adjustment system is good but very noisey..
hope this helps.

PDenning25

For the weight and comfortplus what can be added after market
Go with the Viper
I have tried several brands and by far the most comfy and safe feeling and EASY to set up and start climbing is the Summit
Pat

Gravey

I have the API Grand Slam Supreme and it is very comfortable. Sit down when you get in the tree and don't stand back up until you climb down. Have taken many naps in it too. It's a tad bit on the heavy side at 22 or 24 lbs though. That's the one thing I don't like about it. Whenever I buy another it will probably be an API, Summit, or Gorilla of some type that is in the 15 lb range.

Traditional

I have a API SHOOTING STAR EXTREME and a SUMMIT OPENSHOT that I will sell CHEEAAAAP! The Summit is ultra light, but it doesn't have any bells or whistles.

FISHHUNT4EVER

Originally posted by Stick&String:
I have a API SHOOTING STAR EXTREME and a SUMMIT OPENSHOT that I will sell CHEEAAAAP! The Summit is ultra light, but it doesn't have any bells or whistles.
Email or PM about the Openshot - Am interested. Thanks!!

Latest posts