Catman

Bone Collector

I know him personally and he's a great guy. We've had many conversations recently about what he does and how it could be affecting public land hunting in a negative way. Sure he disagrees with me but we've still remained friends since I left TN and almost every time we go to TN to visit family, I make an effort to get together with him to hunt or fish for something. He left the forum because he said he was catching a lot of heat about his videos, getting blamed for ruining spots, and was just tired of arguing about it. I honestly can't say I blame him, there are few things more pointless and unproductive than arguing on the internet.

I don't like his constant KFC (killing for content) of slaughtering every doe he sees, "donating" the meat to Hunters for the Hungry (just an excuse to kill another doe and get rid of it). That bothers me and I've already told him if/when we move back to TN to just call me instead, I'll gladly come get that doe. I eat a lot of deer meat and have two growing daughters and wife who all love deer meat. Or he can just bring it over. We'll have dinner and a few cold beers ready for him then we can get to hacking up that doe in my garage.

One thing that I think he doesn't get is that his opportunity to hunt is WAY different from the average person on here. He isn't married, has no kids, lives in a small room in a barn house so he has very little bills to pay. He doesn't have to work much to pay his bills, especially with YouTube ad revenue coming in.

This means he gets to hunt a LOT more than the average family man with a full-time, M-F job, and also gets to hunt a lot during the week. The majority of us are limited to mostly weekend hunting when we'll experience the majority of the pressure and so we get extra frustrated by the YouTubers who, without a doubt, are making that worse.

My opinion is that if he was restricted to only hunting weekends for an entire deer and turkey season, he'd throw those cameras in the trash, learn a trade, make his money that way, and never tell a soul other than family and close friends about anything he kills. And he'd only kill what he is going to eat. No more of this killing 15-20 deer a season and only eating one or two.

But trust me, for those that haven't met him, he's a very nice guy and a great friend. I wish he'd put the cameras down, as well as every YouTuber, but I'm afraid this social media hunting is only going to get worse and it's only going to cause more issues.
Jimmy I hope you are doing well.

just scrolling and eating popcorn over here....

Deer Assassin

Exactly… checklist hunted as well.
Killing a deer in a specific county it what it is
I don't see what a person can gripe about
Most people aren't stupid enough to spend the time money and effort to do it . I am
At 54 counties in Tn I say no one has ever come close in the history of mankind. All good my personal goal and the people I have met and the stories are well worth it

Now if you want to gripe about killing fawns button bucks and small buck and 20-30 deer a year
Go ahead that makes more sense

Hell I don't think catman ever killed that many

My 2 cents

Catman is a good fella I like him as a person and have met him
I don't give 2 craps what or how he hunts
Glad for him
I don't watch YouTube vids or tik Tok or what ever

I'd rather just enjoy my hunting
Friends family and yes even hunting with strangers
Having fun is the key

Some of y'all are miserable

MCO8891

I love the so called "friend" of Catman comes in half through the thread and starts dumping on him for "KFC" which I have never heard of. Then he starts teaming up with the main detractors of Catman and starts going after the ones that like Catman. What a hell of a friend haha

Snake

Snake

Killing a deer in a specific county it what it is
I don't see what a person can gripe about
Most people aren't stupid enough to spend the time money and effort to do it . I am
At 54 counties in Tn I say no one has ever come close in the history of mankind. All good my personal goal and the people I have met and the stories are well worth it

Now if you want to gripe about killing fawns button bucks and small buck and 20-30 deer a year
Go ahead that makes more sense

Hell I don't think catman ever killed that many

My 2 cents

Catman is a good fella I like him as a person and have met him
I don't give 2 craps what or how he hunts
Glad for him
I don't watch YouTube vids or tik Tok or what ever

I'd rather just enjoy my hunting
Friends family and yes even hunting with strangers
Having fun is the key

Some of y'all are miserable
I knew you'd defend yourself 👍👍👍 As long as it's legal what in the round world is every one gripping about ?? Lot of work killing , gutting , dragging and taking a deer to give someone . I may not hunt this year but if you hadn't checked off McMinn Co. you can hunt my place weather I hunt or not brother . Several stands in place but not a whole lot of deer .

Deer Assassin

I knew you'd defend yourself 👍👍👍 As long as it's legal what in the round world is every one gripping about ?? Lot of work killing , gutting , dragging and taking a deer to give someone . I may not hunt this year but if you hadn't checked off McMinn Co. you can hunt my place weather I hunt or not brother . Several stands in place but not a whole lot of deer .
East Tn is a pain

I may take you up on that. I hunted it once with no luck years ago

Ski

13 pages. What have I missed?

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Bone Collector

I love the so called "friend" of Catman comes in half through the thread and starts dumping on him for "KFC" which I have never heard of. Then he starts teaming up with the main detractors of Catman and starts going after the ones that like Catman. What a hell of a friend haha
MidTennFisher is a good guy and from what I can tell does everything ethically when it comes to hunting. He used to have a cooking page and I can assure nothing that was usable went to waste and he would come up with some really good dishes. He also only took what he and his family would use.

I knew they were friends before this thread, and I can 100% see him being against and vocal (to Catman) about the KFC portion of what he does. However, I have been in discussions with him on FB over politics (in the past), with some of our past friends from college that are now dyed in the cloth liberals and he never shunned a person for their beliefs, but disagreed with them openly. Eventually those people left the conversation so to speak.

I've been just watching this thread laughing at all the boo hooing over what Catman a 20 something year old young man does. I subscribe to his channel, I watch his videos and most of it is on public land, which is where I hunt and I know it is harder there than most places to kill deer, but I also realize Middle TN has a ton of deer, so if you do the work and find the spots you will get opportunities to kill them. I to think he kills waaaayyyy to many does, but whatever to each their own. I wish he would butcher them all himself, pay for the processing, or give them to local families that need them, but if he did all that he probably wouldn't shoot so many does, and wouldn't have any content, so I get it.... I don't agree with it, but it is fun to watch, and it's his prerogative, so either watch or don't.

flankston

He was always a nice guy during our conversations. Always willing to help and discuss strategy with me, give advice as well as receive it. He hasn't done any damage to public land, and it is his prerogative to share whatever he wants, with whomever he wants. That is the purpose of the public in public land, it is open to everybody.

timberjack86

It's just your typical social media hate…. A lot of "big bad guys" hiding behind a screen name and their phone/laptop who wouldn't have the balls to say what they say on here to the face of those that stalk and harass out of jealousy and their holier than thou fake ethics.
Catman is a good guy who could care less what people think, and isn't going to allow a bunch of blowhards change who he is or who he associates with.
Some folks just need to grow up and live their own life instead of trying to control the lives of others.
images (1).jpeg

Latest posts