Catman

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Catman was very well liked and respected by most here. Some called him out for some of his actions and videos that revealed the whereabouts of good places to hunt. He didn't like that, which is his prerogative. When he hooked up with the 16 year old girls from Atlanta, he took great offense at folks not liking the way SeekOne does things, and he defended them. That kind of stuff happens. No biggie. I'm not critical about him leaving or staying, or his videos.

SeekOne on the other hand is a whole different level of stupid.

rem270

Catman started here not knowing a thing about hunting. He asked questions that most wouldn't and he did one thing that most people don't do, which is listen. He took advice from most of the people here and went to the woods. Since then he's gotten pretty dang good at it.

Even before he got in with seek Juan or thp you had members criticizing him. Now that he's friends with those guys it's gotten even worse.

I see him on FB some but I don't do YouTube or podcasts so don't follow him or any other hunting people.

But I'd never say he was a sellout just because he doesn't come here anymore.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
I don't think catman sold out. Tndeer sold him out. Why would he stick around? He made videos and was praised the whole way thru. No one had an issue hitting the like or subscribe button for him until he was seen with the Atlanta bunch. Now, it's all an issue. Jealousy is a heck of a thing to deal with for some.
Exactly!! I never have noticed him giving any spots away. He might have in his younger years but I've always thought he did a fine job of keeping his location hidden. The thing is if someone recognized the area then they already knew about it anyways!! LOL
THP on the other hand broadcast their location when they came to TN a few years back and sent an open invitation to people to hunt around OHL. Thats some bullcrap right there and i dont even hunt public land.

Ski

Disagreeing with someone doesn't make you enemies. There are no opposite sides, no good guys or bad guys. I don't have an issue with any of the folks mentioned but that doesn't mean I agree with everything they say or do either. Cat seems to be the same peer group as all those guys both in age and profession so it only makes sense for them to network & build relationships. I don't find any fault with that.

ScLowCountry

Catman is legit. He shoots does and average bucks like the rest of us. That's what his videos are about. He is not a sellout. He is a great example of an accomplished public land hunter.

He doesn't have a cameraman, a nice truck, badass boat.

He is certainly not as vain as the seek one boys. I'm pretty sure they get manicures and facials. Catman is a legit down to earth dude

scn

Jonathan is welcome in my house at any time. I may not agree with some of the things his friends are doing, but I really respect Cat for the journey he has taken in becoming a great outdoorsman. There aren't many folks on here that came from a non-hunting family like he did and basically learned on their own. Yes, he had some help along the way here and there, but, he basically learned by himself through trial and error. Most folks would have given it up in the not so successful days. But, he hung in there, and has tried to give back to others through his videos.

Tn_Va_Hunter

Hmm. I've spoken with him several times. He's a good dude. Learned what he could in here, asked questions. Then applied it to the woods. If was actually very remarkable to watch him progress. I remember his first kill with a bow that he got from bowriter.

Who cares who he is friends with. I've got buddies that I would help out any time to recover deer or just to go hunting together. I base it off of who their other friends are.

I'm glad he's doing what he loves and becoming successful at it. He works hard and hunts harder. Most his age doesn't want to work or put in the time required in the woods to be successful

UTGrad

I went hunting with Catman a few times. Showed up in his red pickup truck and carried in his hand me down equipment. Catman is very resourceful. He never had the newest, best thing. Just a plain bow or Marlin 3030 and a camera.

I watched him grow on here. Good young man that was eager to learn. I see a lot of similarities with myself when I started.

tree_ghost

Catmans a good dude and it's a damn shame the way he's been ostracized here! He's a fine individual and as far as what I've seen for public figures he's one of the finest representations of our sport to the non-hunting community that's out there!!

We would all be better off if we cleaned up our own side of the street before we went messing around in another man's yard…it never ceases to amaze me how people scream for liberty and freedom and the moment they get a little those same ones are crying for laws to regulate it…SMDH

Latest posts