TBH SeekOne & Catman aren’t the problem

BSK

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you redblood. I think Seek One and his minions are a problem. And they are a problem because they're recruiting new hunters who think what Seek One is doing is wonderful and want to act just like him.

What Seek One is doing is mostly legal. However, it is highly unethical. Killing suburban deer isn't unethical, it is biologically needed. However, shooting pet deer and then glorifying oneself on social media as some type of hunting hero, and recruiting hunters who think this is great, ARE unethical.

So actually, Seek One IS THE PROBLEM. And he is creating MORE problems by recruiting hunters who are being taught his actions are exemplary hunting behavior. Those are the last things new hunters need to be taught. I would rather see deer hunting die out than have ethical hunters replaced by a new crop of hunters that act like their mentor.

TNTreeman

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you redblood. I think Seek One and his minions are a problem. And they are a problem because they're recruiting new hunters who think what Seek One is doing is wonderful and want to act just like him.

What Seek One is doing is mostly legal. However, it is highly unethical. Killing suburban deer isn't unethical, it is biologically needed. However, shooting pet deer and then glorifying oneself on social media as some type of hunting hero, and recruiting hunters who think this is great, ARE unethical.

So actually, Seek One IS THE PROBLEM. And he is creating MORE problems by recruiting hunters who are being taught his actions are exemplary hunting behavior. Those are the last things new hunters need to be taught. I would rather see deer hunting die out than have ethical hunters replaced by a new crop of hunters that act like their mentor.
I am having to deal with a sleak Juan minion currently . He is an offshoot of the group but in their " circle" you might say . So yes , the group and it's way of hunting is metastasizing.

FredRog72

100% spot on!

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
There is no doubt suburban deer are a growing Problem across the Eastern United States. Feeding and making pets out of them is not helping. Night Time Helicopter snipers and tossing the carcasses is equal to Wanton Waste. Just as big a waste as depredation permits. Posting video's on U tube sensationalizing Trophy Hunting doesn't solve anything either. Shoot and let the body lay in the field is pretty sorry.
Hunters need to work together to improve our image to the Public. Hunters fighting each other are detrimental to ALL.
God put us on this earth and Domain over lesser creatures to be Good Stewards.
We have a choice in how we think and how we let others influence our thinking.
Very Obviously what is being done IS NOT WORKING . We need to start thinking out of the box. Some of y'all may have seen me post this before.
In Germany You Take classes and have to prove your marksman ship. The classes include Biology and shot placement.Yes you have to prove you are capable and earn the right to hunt They have Deer Drives. Stands are placed with safety in mind . The safety of drivers and residents. . Meat is given to the needy. The Head, Hide, and hooves are given to the Trophy hunter with the option to include some or all of the meat.
Think about it . Suburban Hunting Weather it's a Big City or a small town is Necessary for Population Control for many many reasons. It is very obviously not something that needs to be done by just anyone that can afford a license and get permission to hunt in someone's backyard.
Get Out The Pop Corn. I'm ready for next weekend. I need some meat. A lot of folks around here need it worse than I do.

knightrider

There is no doubt suburban deer are a growing Problem across the Eastern United States. Feeding and making pets out of them is not helping. Night Time Helicopter snipers and tossing the carcasses is equal to Wanton Waste. Just as big a waste as depredation permits. Posting video's on U tube sensationalizing Trophy Hunting doesn't solve anything either. Shoot and let the body lay in the field is pretty sorry.
Hunters need to work together to improve our image to the Public. Hunters fighting each other are detrimental to ALL.
God put us on this earth and Domain over lesser creatures to be Good Stewards.
We have a choice in how we think and how we let others influence our thinking.
Very Obviously what is being done IS NOT WORKING . We need to start thinking out of the box. Some of y'all may have seen me post this before.
In Germany You Take classes and have to prove your marksman ship. The classes include Biology and shot placement.Yes you have to prove you are capable and earn the right to hunt They have Deer Drives. Stands are placed with safety in mind . The safety of drivers and residents. . Meat is given to the needy. The Head, Hide, and hooves are given to the Trophy hunter with the option to include some or all of the meat.
Think about it . Suburban Hunting Weather it's a Big City or a small town is Necessary for Population Control for many many reasons. It is very obviously not something that needs to be done by just anyone that can afford a license and get permission to hunt in someone's backyard.
Get Out The Pop Corn. I'm ready for next weekend. I need some meat. A lot of folks around here need it worse than I do.
True but why are they not killing the does in their videos😁 chest thumping and money. Im glad cat sheds the light on truly working on the population unlike 💩 one and the other yard shooters

Snake

To the original title of this thread- you are correct! They are not the problem. They are just guys with a camera that would rather hunt than punch a clock. The problem is the people who watch them, subscribe to them and wear their merchandise. This enables them to reach the masses and become a representation of hunters as a whole- which does not bode well for our sport. I am specifically talking about Seek ones antics (not so much Catman). We need to separate ourselves from those who hug line of fair chase, ethical harvest and in some cases legal harvest. They can only become leaders if we are willing to march behind them.
Good post !

redblood

I think we are of the same mind here. However, without the masses of followers, subscribers and fanboys, these chuckleheads are just local legends. Its the foolish broham culture that applaud their methods and marvel at their hunting prowess( (tongue in cheek) that elevate them to stardom. The followers are the fuel that powers their engine.

Henry

I think we are of the same mind here. However, without the masses of followers, subscribers and fanboys, these chuckleheads are just local legends. Its the foolish broham culture that applaud their methods and marvel at their hunting prowess( (tongue in cheek) that elevate them to stardom. The followers are the fuel that powers their engine.
yep, just trying to sell clicks and stay relevant like a politician...worthless in the end.

The guys that get butt hurt on this forum just crack me up. 🤣 its like dealing with highschool girls at time and they always come out of no were.
This post is not generally directed at you, it just reminded me of something.

I just remember whenever I'm arguing with someone online, statistically speaking, 49.9% of people are below average. It's a 50/50 shot that I'm arguing with an idiot, and there's always a chance that I'm just arguing with a computer, or a person using artificial intelligence or other people's arguments. I would say that it is statistically more likely to argue with someone of below average intelligence on the internet than it is otherwise, especially considering that most people that are truly intelligent don't feel the need to argue as much, they know what they know, and are able to recognize a lost cause. There's also a distinct difference between a heated debate and an argument, which I think some people are unable to recognize. I love it when people try to prove me wrong, it forces me to learn more about the topic too defend my beliefs, and believe it or not, I've been known to not know everything. I don't want an echo chamber, I want somebody challenging my beliefs.

As soon as someone starts using ad hominem attacks or going after my grammar or sentence structure, I just ignore whatever they have to say from that point on. It's not worth wasting my effort. If you've fallen back to giving out personal insults, you you have "lost" the argument in my eyes.

I would like to think this forum is full of at least above average people in regards to hunting. There's a lot of great advice here.

fairchaser

It's a new paradigm. CWD, suburban hunting, making money off clicks, social media bragging, even horn hunting. Deer hunting has changed and in many ways not for the better IMO.

But it's what we got. What can be done? Nothing because deer hunting has evolved for better or worse. In spite of everything, deer will survive, even thrive.

This is not a hill I want to die on. For the few years I've got left to hunt, I will hunt fairchase and leave others to do as they wish within the law.

megalomaniac

Went down a rabbit hole this afternoon on utibe....

Check out Cletus McFarland. Watch him destroy his mini jet boat. WAY more fun than watching seek 1